UNHCR Field Office Kibondo invites applications from qualified internal/external candidates for the position of Assistant Admin/Finance Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the immediate supervision of the Head of Office, the incumbent will perform the following duties
- UNHCR resources in the office are managed in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- UNHCR’s financial rules regulations, policies procedures are adhered to
- UNHCR’s local cash is safeguarded
- Monitor the day-to-day personnel and administrative operations of the office;
- Contribute to providing a healthy and respectful working environment, free from hazard or security risks;
- Assist with the implementation of processes and procedures to improve and strengthen internal controls in line with UNHCR rules and regulations;
- Participate in the physical verification of UNHCR property plant and equipment
- Contribute to the process to determine the country’s administrative budget;
- Conduct regular checks of petty cash and cash accounts
- Control and check the monthly accounts and various administrative activities, in order to verify and certify disbursements are in accordance with the administrative budget and UNHCR’s financial rules;
- Assist with monitoring local compliance with UNHCR’s policies and processes for cash management, requesting support and guidance when required
- Support office-level training on financial matters.
- Certify that disbursements are in accordance with the administrative budget and UNHCR’s financial Rules.
- Approve vouchers, including ABOD and project disbursements;
- Prepare financial status reports
Qualifications and Experience
- National of the United ajira Republic of Tanzania
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, Economics or related field, or university degree in another field combined with a professional qualification accounting or finance(CPA/CIA or equivalent)
- Minimum two years of previous job experience in the field of accounting or finance
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications
- Excellent Communications skills.
- Good command of English and Kiswahili(both spoken and written).
Applicants should include a recent United Nations Personal History FORM(P 11), Including Testimonials/degrees/certificates and quite Vacancy notice Number TANKB/VN/18/003
Applications for this post should be sent to the following address;
Senior Admin/Finance Officer,
UNHCR Representation Office
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
More Jobs From This Company