Job Title: Legal Assistant
Reports To: Company Secretary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Issuance of various Responses to inquiries and provides information to respondents, law enforcement personnel, and the general public regarding court and/or case-related matters.
- Creates, updates, maintains and ajira retrieves case files and documents.
- Drafts, prepares, files, and distributes various types of legal documents including notices, summons, plaints, and forms e.t.c.
- Prepare case notes, case reports
- Prepare weekly work reports
- Conduct legal research on various issues and prepare legal advice
- Conducts a variety of general clerical duties including data entry and copying, filing, faxing, and mailing correspondence and/or other types of departmental documentation. · Reading and understanding various company contracts and deals and deciphering the legal jargon
- Providing useful inputs in formulation of deals and contracts.
- In case of lawsuits, investigating cause of the litigation, collecting evidence that are permissible in the court of law and preparing all the groundwork required to fight the case · Ensuring that all the licenses, agreements and permits of the company are valid and renewing legal contracts before it lapses
- Oversee all the legal implications of new projects
- Ensuring the safety of the company from legal litigations
- Ensuring documentation of all legal documents of the company in order to maintain confidentiality
- Prepare and attend Company meetings when assigned · Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Any other tasks assigned by the upper management
Who are you and what you’ve done
- Bachelor degree LLB,
- Attended Law School or registered Advocate is an added advantage
- Reporting Skills.
- Research Skills
- Legal Administration Skills, Litigation
Work experience in legal field 2yrs.
More Jobs From This Company
NB: ALL APPLICATION SHOULD BE SENT VIA EMAIL email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org before 18/08/2020.