The National Institute of Transport (NIT) was established by the National Institute of Transport Act, Cap 187 R.E 2002. It is fully accredited by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) with the Certificate of Registration number REG/EOS/009 of 2002.
The National Institute of Transport (NIT) through the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of East Africa for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP) which aims at establishing a Center of Excellence in Aviation and Transport Operations at the Institute. The project duration is 5 years (2019 – 2023) which will involve strengthening of Aviation and Transport Operation programmes. The Institute intends to apply part of the funding towards employing supporting staff to cater for Center operations.
In this regard, Rector of the National Institute of Transport invites all suitable qualified Tanzanians to apply for the following vacancies on contract terms:
DRIVER (2 POSTS)
Qualifications and Experiences
Holder of Secondary Education Certificate with passes in Kiswahili and English having a valid Driving License Class C or E and one-year Basic Driving Course, VIP drivers certificate from a recognized Institution plus driving experience of at least Five (5) years without causing accidents. Possession of trade test Grade ll/Level II in MotorVehicle Maintenance/ Mechanics is an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive pool Institute vehicles safely.
- Maintain logbooks.
- Ensure the safe-keeping of the vehicle and its tools.
- Maintain disciplined behavior, smartness, and proper conduct in rendering services.
- Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle and tools.
- Report promptly any defects or problems detected in the vehicle.
- Undertake minor repairs when necessary.
- Check validity of insurance, TLB, Plying fees etc. and reports the same to the Transport Officer for necessary action.
- Perform messengerial duties and Responsibilities such as dispatching documents/letters, collecting mail, photocopying of documents.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by his superiors.
- According to the Government Circular.
- One (1) year contact renewable depending to the performance and need of the Institute.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach Academic certificates, Birth certificate and Passport Size Photo.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:
- Form IV and form VI results slips.
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- Certificates from Foreign Examination Bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level ajira education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from Foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate.
- Deadline for application is two weeks from the date of appearance of this advert
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute of Transport,
P.O. Box 705,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Email: email@example.com Website: www.nit.ac.tz
The deadline for submitting the application is September 17, 2020
More Jobs From This Company