The Finance and Administration Assistant supports the operational, finance, human resources and administrative functions of the m2m Tanzania programme. This includes the management of procurement, travel, vehicles, recording and reconciliation of all financial transactional data of the Country Office including reviewing and coding financial information; preparing and processing documents to disburse funds, making deposits; compiling and reviewing information for accuracy; maintaining records and HR process support, as well as administration tasks as assigned. This position is based in Dodoma, Tanzania, and reports to the Senior Capacity Building Advisor.
Key Performance Areas:
Purchasing and Navigator processing
- Enter all invoices into the accounting system and allocate them against purchase orders
- Coordinate and manage the process to setup new suppliers in the accounting system and dealing with supplier queries regarding payments
- Prepare and process purchase requisitions.
- Maintain and update supplier information; conduct relevant background checks and terrorist/debarment checks
- Ensure that direct debits payment are checked to supporting documentation and correctly recorded in the accounting system
- Ensure monthly payment reports are produced for the cash flow analysis
- Maintain an updated list of preferred vendors for the office
Managing staff and vendor accounts
- Process travel requisitions and related staff advances
- Enter staff expenses into the accounting system (reimbursements and/or advance liquidations)
- Timely payments to suppliers, payments done within 30 days of receipt of invoice
- Run the creditor report at month-end
- Liaise with vendors on procured goods and services ensuring timely delivery and safekeeping
Cashbook management and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the main operating account for submission to the Head Office Finance team
- Manage the petty cash process and balance petty cash monthly
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of payables, payroll, accruals and prepayment control accounts
- Ensure that internal bank transfers are correctly managed
- Follow up on reconciling items above and pass correcting entries where necessary
- Processing of the cashbook on a monthly basis.
Administration Support, travel, and asset management
- Provide logistics support to the programme staff on trainings/workshops.
- Manage the filing system for all financial documentation
- Support with the retrieval of financial data during audits
- Manage travel and logistics support to the project team. Make hotel, transport, airline, and other bookings for domestic travel and provide support to m2m Travel Coordinator in arranging international travel
- Support compliance with m2m policies
- Maintain the project inventory register
- Manage receipt and distribution of project materials/assets and office supplies
- Coordinate printing and document production of office and project materials
- Perform reception duties
- Manage monthly m2m vehicle plans
- Ensure maintenance and servicing of m2m vehicles including use and checking of vehicle logbooks
- Ensure verification and consolidation of monthly mileage claims
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation of petrol card statements
- Collect and monthly review vehicle tracker reports against logbooks and vehicle plans. Provide reports and analysis to CMU and Senior Capacity Building Advisor to support in ensuring appropriate use in line with organisational policies.
- Serve as Fleet Manager for Tanzania and ensure compliance with m2m vehicle management policy and procedure.
- With the HR Business Partner and legal counsel, ensure compliance of all operations with local labour law, m2m policy, and donor requirements
- Support recruitment including placing advertisements, scheduling interviews, and issuing of employment contracts
- Manage performance contracting process for country programme
- Implement and manage monthly employee information changes/updates for payroll on time and in an accurate and compliant manner.
- Serve as impersonator for site staff in ESS
- Ensure review and timely submission of timesheets from the team (site and office staff)
- Ensure all HR staff information changes are collated and submitted timeously for payroll purposes
- Support timely submission of all statutory deductions for Tanzania