Medical Teams International Tanzania
Reports to Direct: Country Director Technical: Finance Manager
Location Dar es salaam
Workdays & Hours Monday-Friday, 40-45 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
Supervises Direct: Technical: NA
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Responsible for providing Technical financial support and guidance at Dar es Salaam Office while coordinating with Human Resource, Logistics Team, and Management to effectively implement the organization policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and supervise the accounting operations of the assigned office including recording transactions in Unit4 to while ensuring correct cost allocation and compliance with all MTI procedures.
- Support in completion of monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, in order to verify the evolution of project finances; flag any issues of concern to the Finance Manager and Country Director for further strategic discussions
- Support in preparation of financial reports for all donor projects in accordance with the donor reporting requirements 15 days before the due date and submit to the Finance Manager for review.
- Record, analyze, and reconcile all payables and commitments in accordance with MTI and donor requirements and ensure timely amortization.
- Review of payroll transactions, allocation and perform monthly reconciliation of prior month payroll data with current month and submit to the Finance Manager for review and approval.
- Participate and provide technical financial guidance and support during budget proposal ajira process to comply with the FOM and donor requirements.
- Update the Bank transactions on a daily basis in the bank statement menu and perform bank reconciliation through Unit4 by 2nd of every Month.
- Provide relevant financial information including documentation upon request for audit and donor desk review processes.
- Accountable for the appropriate use of resources in accordance with budget holder authority and MTI’s cost principles
- Participate in capacity development programme for Finance and Non-Finance staff to improve on performance and operating efficiency.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Work directly with the Payroll officer to complete timely preparation of payroll and updating of the Partner Personnel lists and perform reconciliation of personnel cost allocation to different projects.
- Ensuring compliance of PSEA policy and provide updated data PSEA database on quarterly basis as well as reporting any related PSEA issues/incidence to Country Director.
- Coordinate with supplier in Dar es Salaam to follow-up on delivery of orders of goods/services made and obtain acknowledgment receipts for completed payments to suppliers.
- Perform any other relevant duties as maybe deemed necessary and assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Commerce is preferred
- Associate Certified Public Accountant (ACPA) is required
- Full active member of the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) is compulsory
- At least 3 years of work experience in finance management is required
- Preferably, an accountant with either logistics/procurement, or HR experience
- Experience working with International NGOs is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and relevant donor requirements
- In-depth knowledge of preparation and presentation of financial statements and audit practices
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting software such as Sage, Unit4, etc.
- Skilled in using ERP system to process financial transactions
- High degree of analytical and financial reporting skills
- Strong administrative skills in managing documentation and project funding information
- Skilled in training and capacity building
- Skilled in explaining financial procedures to non-financial staff
- Good command of both written and spoken English, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used
- Requires frequent use of computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, printer, scanner and copy machine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2020. 5.00 PM.
- Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their Application letter and CV ONLYsaved as your name (Surname FirstName) in PDF or Word ONLY with the subject as ‘’Accountant – Dar es salaam” including 3 work-related referees to; email@example.com
- Indicate your Salary expectation/current or previous salary and Notice Period, at the bottom of your CV
- Indicate Clearly in the Subject: Accountant – Dar es Salaam.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization.
More Jobs From This Company