Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Geology Technicians to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Underground Mining are effectively planned and undertaken in a ajira safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies, and Procedures.
- Reporting to: Mining Shift Supervisor
- Work Schedule: 7 Days On / 7 Days Night / 7 Days Off
- Duration: Permanent
- Safe and Effective Compliance to daily Pre Start equipment inspections and Operation
- Perform Field Level Risk Assessments and Entry Examinations at the work areas and ensure the health and safety of team members, visitors and contractors at the working area.
- To take full responsibility for all blasting related operations, infrastructure and resources.
- To take full responsibility for proper care, conditions, and use of all blasting machinery and equipment.
- Prepare for charging activities
- Ensure all Charging activities are Recorded and reported
- Ensure that facilities and equipment are being used safely and that appropriate work method is being applied.
- Uncouple equipment are remove from workplace
- Perform charging activities
- Ensure safery is followed when working at height
- Install services, air, water, ventilation
- Conduct dewatering activities
- Perform I-Kon blasting
- Identify improved charging & blasting methods
- Observe advanced metre per blast
- Assist with the training and skills development of trainees.
- To provide technical, practical and field support in various working areas of the mine focusing in increasing work effectiveness and productivity while lowering cost through improved good operational practices.
- Ordinary secondary education
- Underground Blasting Licence
- Valid Driving Licence
- Minimum of 3 years underground Mining experience preferably in blasting operations
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Charging and Blasting methods in Long hole stopes
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine Health & Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “ BLASTER” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 8th December 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
More Jobs From This Company