Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Electrical Trainer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and ajira on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Electrical Foreman
Work Schedule: 42 days on, 21 days off
Duration: 2 Years
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Follow all electrical and maintenance procedures, and ensure the completion of electrical activities according to standard without causing any further damage to any installation / system / equipment.
- Ensure electrical equipment isolation, adhere to working at height and confined space standards/ procedures, and conduct pre-start checks/ inspections.
- Carry out electrical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain electrical installations/equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned electrical equipment unavailability events.
- Ensure that electrical practices result in maximum equipment availability.
- Utilize work instructions to determine job requirements, including job sheets, quality and quantity of materials/ resources etc.
- Perform PM electrical inspection according to the maintenance requirements and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Conduct electrical installations and upgrades/ modification as required.
- Removal of electrical components & replacement.
- Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repairs.
- Complete shift handover process.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, and develop full potential.
- Provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to national personnel.
- Electrical Trade ( Grade A Licence Certification or Equivalent)
- High Voltage Switching Operator certificate.
- Minimum 5yrs working in underground electrical environment.
- Highly experienced in all areas of electrical maintenance inclusive of 540v, 1000v, and 11kv associated with electrical reticulation of mechanised mine.
- Exposure to industry best preventative maintenance regimes is imperative to ensure electrical infrastructure and equipment and other assets are maintained to high level of availability, and in accordance with company policies at all times. The ability to prioritize repairs and take instruction in order to reduce downtime and delays.
- High level understanding of electrical reticulation, planning and execution.
- The ability to comprehend OEM manuals, electrical diagrams is essential in performance of this role.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive knowledge of Underground HV and LV Electrical installations and Maintenance and Sandvik drills
- Trade certified Electrician.
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “ELECTRICAL TRAINER “ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick - Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 23rd December 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
More Jobs From This Company