Mantra Tanzania Limited (Mantra), operating as a subsidiary of Uranium One Group under ROSATOM from Russia, is focused on the potential development of Uranium Mine at the Mkuju River Project (MRP) in the Namtumbo District of Ruvuma Region. Mantra is committed to the highest level of safety and environmental practices, the respect of the culture of Tanzania and her peoples, the provision of employment opportunities for Tanzanian nationals, and the development of business linkages at the district, regional and national level.
To that end Mantra is seeking to recruit individuals who can meet the technical requirements and demonstrate a commitment to continuous performance and improve in the area of project development and operations, to fill the following vacancies
MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT (1 POST)
The successful candidate will provide leadership and technical support to the Mkuju River Project to ensure that all Mantra Tanzania site and plant maintenance activities comply with best practices and standards.
Location: Mkuju River Project
Roster: 6 weeks on and 3 weeks off
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Maintenance Superintendent has the following accountabilities and authorities:
Provide direction to the team in reducing the number of significant hazards in the area of accountability. Through the use of issue-based risk assessments in your section, you will ensure all staff remains vigilant in identifying and rectifying any hazards and risks that have the potential to injure people, property, or the environment, your focus must be on zero harm to all staff. You will furthermore be expected to drive the process of conducting quality Planned Task Observations (PTO) per the schedule.
Standards, Strategy, and reliability:
Using strong operational experience and knowledge of the equipment support the Site Operations Manager in achieving the required outputs of the unit in support of the project development and the company, as a whole. Ensure the equipment is maintained according to OEM standards and Mantra guidelines so as to provide reliable cost-effective equipment for use in achieving the company production outputs. Equipment reliability is and will always be a key aspect of Asset Management within Mantra.
Cost control is also one of your accountabilities. You are required to manage your costs and cash flow in line with the prepared budget.
- Ensuring that work carried out by personnel for the purpose of maintaining equipment in an acceptable condition is done through prescribed methods of inspection, detection, and correction of incipient failures, i.e. changing engines, transmissions, final drives, pump transmissions, hydraulic cylinders, etc. and the testing of such components to make sure they are operating to OEM specifications.
- Manage the execution of the unplanned stoppages as they occur in the field (all pit and surface operations), management of the service bay including refueling and quality control inspections. The focus is to ensure the quality diagnosis of all faults, executing recovery work as required to either returning the equipment to work or recover the equipment to the workshop for repair.
- Maintenance of all graders, loaders, dozers, water trucks ancillary equipment, and all site equipment's as required so as to provide reliable cost-effectively maintained equipment within the services function.
- Maintenance of all heavy mining equipment, auxiliary equipment, light vehicles, light trucks, lighting plants, generators, cranes, and other minor ancillary equipment within the auto electrical function as required, providing reliable cost-effectively maintained equipment within the function.
- Ensure all LME service work is carried out to the OEM specification and quality required. The light mining fleet reliability starts with the detailed inspections and service work carried out in this function.
- Maintenance of all heavy mining equipment. buckets, shovels, jaws, blades, and all other ancillary equipment within the Welding/Fabrication function.
- Manage the execution of the Adhoc Work" function to the highest standards. Adhoc work is unique in that the tasks will vary across all equipment therefore requiring rigid systems of work to ensure quality, cost-effective work.
- Maintenance of Uranium Plant in line with OEM standards and specifications.
- Ensure that all machinery maintains market value through a cost-effective, efficient, high-quality maintenance program which will increase the reliability and performance of machinery and equipment.
- Oversee a rolling planning horizon for the major work that is to be carried out on the mine. This must include refurbishing ments / rebuilds and planning of component change-outs. This plan will be used by the supply chain team for their spares ordering and forecasting processes.
- Develop new maintenance schedules in line with OEM standards and specifications for Plant HME and LME. Constant review maintenance programs to improve strategies and maximize machine and equipment availability.
- Manage and lead engineers and technicians who design machinery, plan, and develop civil projects and oversee production and quality control.
- Coordinate project, operations, quality assurance, testing, or maintenance in industrial plants.
- Determine the preventive and corrective maintenance requirements of the HME/LME Fleet in close coordination with equipment suppliers.
- Working with the mining team in coordinating weigh studies to all dump trucks and romped loaders ajira with the purpose of determining the extent of the effect of the current loading on tires, truck frames, and suspension cylinders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and water supply systems
- Good experience in maintaining roads and other construction activities
- At least over 15 years of post-graduate experience in an industrial plant.
- Significant experience in a mining environment would be advantageous. Note, it will be advantages if the applicant resides within the Ruvuma region (our company's labor policy promotes the hiring of individuals based in and around the mining area)
- PM management systems
- Proven management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Presentation skills
- Fluent in English.
- Advanced computer literacy skills
The deadline for applications is 29th January 2021
Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or postal address to:
The Manager: Organizational Development & HR
Mantra Tanzania Limited
P.O Box 23451
Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted will be contacted. If you are not contacted by Mantra Tanzania Limited within fourteen (14) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered.
Mantra Tanzania Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health, and safety Management. Please avoid conman as Mantra Tanzania does not solicit bribes for employment.
More Jobs From This Company