The driver will be responsible for driving project vehicles in the respective regions to support the implantation of FIKIA activities. He/she will also be accountable to maintain and provide general service and maintenance of the project vehicle.
- To drive ICAP Programme vehicles as directed and providing safe and efficient transportation to the staff and its visitors.
- Delivering parcels, letters and other relevant items to offices and businesses as appropriate and ajira while on safari when directed
- Drive long distance with or without ICAP staff when required and adhere to the rules and regulations.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always clean and in good order and all the documentation e.g. insurance and road license are up to date.
- Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, waters, and tire pressures.
- Keep track of maintenance records of vehicles to ensure that service schedule is adhered to and to remind the employer in advance when vehicle (s) service is due.
- Provides information and other general assistance to the organization staff and its visitors.
- Maintains the record of work performed; Fills up all necessary forms, makes timely reports of accidents, incidents, and unusual occurrences.
- Ensuring necessary steps are taken as required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident.
- Abide to all ICAP rules and regulations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by
- Supervisor. To perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills & Minimum Required Qualifications
More Jobs From This Company
- Form Four (IV) graduate or higher education is desirable.
- PSV Certificate from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) is an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of automobiles and ability to make minor repairs and perform preventive maintenance.
- At least two years’ experience of successful driving both in towns and up country regions. Have valid driving license, registration and valid permits at all the time.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Experience in working with donor organizations at least 2 years.
- Able to travel by 90% of his time
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English