BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university. We are a global leader in developing costeffective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited through its project ’Playful Learning for Young Children in Tanzania’, aims to catalyze the ECD (Early Childhood Development) private sector in Tanzania, by developing a ‘Hub & Spoke’ business model for the provision of low-cost, high quality and scalable play-based ECD - improving the cognitive, physical, socio-emotional and language development of children aged 3-5 from low income families in Dar-Es-Salaam.
The project is sequenced across 30 months. There is 6-month ajira set-up phase from (July - December 2020) and operations phase (Jan 2021 - Dec 2022). Senior Program Manager is responsible for developing an ECD Social Business based upon BRAC’s existing Play Lab curriculum, and using a ‘Hub and Spoke’ model.
In ensuring the smooth execution of this project, BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Job Location: DSM, TANZANIA
Job Title: Senior Program Manager
- Lead in running the ECD Social Business based on BRAC’s preliminary business model (with support from BRAC UK, BRAC USA and BI)
- Lead on the implementation (pilot) of the agreed work plan and to achieve deliverables timely and as per donor requirements;
- Directing and coordinating activities of the ECD social business throughout the pilot phase;
- Ensuring the delivery of all project outputs and activities; delivering them on time and within budget (January 2021 – Dec 2022);
- Overseeing all office functions including purchasing and procurement, accounts payable and receivable, tuition billing and payment, human resources and personnel management.
- Providing effective financial oversight and budget management; delivering quality quarterly reports on progress to BRAC UK, BRAC USA and BI; and supporting BRAC UK, BRAC USA and BI with further fundraising, as needed.
- Evaluating and overseeing the implementation of a School Management System and other technology options as needed, to improve the management and effectiveness of the business Managing relationships, partnerships and knowledge sharing with staff and key stakeholders
- Supporting BRAC UK, BRAC USA and BI with further fundraising, as needed.
- Facilitating a monthly Technical Advisory Committee with BRAC UK, BRAC USA and BI
Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful Program Manager will need a range of business/ entrepreneurial skills and project management skills. These include:
- Strong English competency;
- Excellent analytical, planning, and organizing skills;
- Practical skills in managing and operating a successful business (social business preferred) including demonstrated ability to take direct action where necessary;
- Strong understanding of business modeling and very comfortable with data analysis and finance;
- Ability to apply creative solutions to refine and improve the business model(s);
- Knowledge of the project life-cycle and a solid knowledge of the components of best practice project management, including resource allocation and mapping, maintaining a log frame, Gantt charts, critical path analysis, risk, and resource conflict management, and a thorough understanding of project budgets;
- An effective public speaker, able to communicate to external ECD stakeholders and communicate a clear vision to motivate a small team to deliver that vision;
- Excellent, clear, and high-quality report writing, with an analytical mind and attention to detail;
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint to capture, report, and communicate complex data and ideas;
- Familiarity with accounting software/programs such as QuickBooks
- Excellent relationship building & networking skills to create and sustain relevant relationships with external stakeholders and manage knowledge appropriately;
- A dedication to managing details and delivering activities to a high quality on time and on budget;
- Confidence to ask for help from BRAC’s international teams and comfort with assessing mistakes and learning from them;
- Participatory and inclusive skills to work across BRAC’s internal teams;
- Ability to work in a fast and complex environment with stakeholders from multiple cultural backgrounds and with different levels of skills and English language ability;
- Must be able to embrace cultural relativism and avoid subjective assessments to remain respectful and mindful of the value all stakeholders have to offer at all times.
Desirable skills and competencies include:
- A track record of securing different forms of capital investment such as project funding, social impact investment, debt, and equity;
- An understanding of the education sector in Tanzania, and ability to understand ECD from a needs and demand perspective;
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter through email to: email@example.com with a subject “Senior Program Manager” The application deadline is 13.04.2021.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).
BRAC Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and is against all forms of exploitation, discrimination, and harassment at the workplace.
More Jobs From This Company