This role is responsible for effective, efficient and careful planning of Vodacom Tanzania cybersecurity projects and operations, to ensure very minimal business operations. This includes identification of security needs (demands), coordinating the delivery of the needs and ensuring security operations are running as designed. Capacity growth and trends, management reports and presentations are also key responsibilities of this role.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
Impact on the business
- Own demand planning and forecasting for Technology security, for all systems, services and processes within the portfolio, working together with vendors and internal customers
- Coordinate delivery and assessment of cyber security baselines (CSBs) across all Vodacom relevant business areas and processes
- Perform internal controls self-assessment (CSAs) to validate compliance to security policies, such as user access management, information security and Technology security policies.
- Ensure adequacy coverage of Security tooling across technologies.
- Lead security implementation within emerging technologies, including Infrastructure, IOT, Cloud and Office IT Security
Customers, supplier and third parties
- Monitor compliance of the Technology security managed services contract, to ensure it is within agreed SLA
- Ensure proper implementation and change management process compliance for all planned and emergency changes in Technology systems
Leadership and teamwork
- Monitor and minimize licenses utilization charges as a result of excess usage of un-needed services
- Owner of the Technology Security Incidents, Requests, Changes and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated Technology security systems
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on Technology security service performance. This includes management KPIs reports and SLA reports
- Continuous improve and Ensure proper validation, timely completion and accuracy of audit checklists and user access rights review for Technology areas.
Innovation and change
- Delivery of Technology security services and operations to ensure operational metrics are optimized
- Drive continuous improvement through simplification of key cybersecurity processes
- Drive internal and third-party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Make recommendations for Technology security service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Responsible for chairing and driving Management and/or Technical conference calls and discussions, and escalations, related to cyber Prevent, defense and delivery
- Ensure licenses and support renewals for all security products are performed well in advance of expiry, to avoid service interruptions
Perform any other task that may be assigned to him/her from Cyber Security management