Save the Children has been working in Tanzania for more than 30 years. We are working ajira with the government, local organizations and other international agencies to reduce child malnutrition, improve new-born and maternal health, support and strengthen early childhood development and primary education systems. We strengthen child protection systems for vulnerable children, promote children’s participation and contribution to policy and resource allocation for services which concern them, support, and respond to emergencies.
Our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Oversees quality planning, delivery of Girls Education Project activities, utilization of financial and other resources, monitoring and evaluation as well as manages project staff, fosters strategic relationships/partnerships with ministry of education, science and technology and other relevant ministries, departments, and or agencies, children/students, teachers, school committees and community-based structures.
Contract Duration: 10 Months
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: Zanzibar Representative
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Programme Development and Implementation
- With the support and guidance of SC ZOR and by working closely with the Education Project Officer, lead the implementation of Save the Children’s Girls Education Project activities within the target areas in Unguja and Pemba.
- Identify development needs and support the Education Project Officer in the delivery of the project activities
- Coordinate quality integration of child protection and child rights governance interventions in education to ensure students, in particular girls and those with disabilities have access to safe learning environment in and around the school
- Develop, review and oversee the effective and efficient delivery of detailed implementation plan and budget of the project
- Human Resources
- Line management of the Education officer and project staff, if any.
- Prepare performance objectives together with education project officer and other staff, if any and give the necessary feedback, follow up and support to improve staff performance.
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Oversee timely and quality monitoring and reporting of the project implementation including Monthly Regular Award Review Reports, Production of Quarterly and Annual Reports in line with Save the Children/donor requirements
- In coordinator with the MEAL team, the Education Project Manager will participate in the review and development of benchmarks for the project.
- Participate in internal & external education assessments/survey and tracer studies to identify needs of beneficiaries and program impact on beneficiaries, conduct analysis and lessons learnt with the view of strengthening future programming.
- Liaise with Education Officer and respective government partners to prepare weekly, monthly or other periodical activity reports for SCI and share with funding partner or as may be required by SCI and or the funding partner.
- Reporting on progress and documentation of best practices
- Support with development of communication materials, case studies and advocacy initiatives with technical support from communications and advocacy team.
- Coordination and Networking
- Bolster strong working relationships between Save the Children project team and relevant sector ministries, departments and agencies
- Represent SCI education programme in coordination forums including Education Sector Working Group meetings, working closely to address issues related to strategic planning, responsibilities of sector partners, and joint advocacy.
- Advocate for, and support, the development of sustainable, child-friendly and hazard-resistant standards and designs for safe schools the integration of child protection and child right governance
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences or related technical field.
- At least five years of progressive experience in the implementation of education programmes/projects, preferably with INGOs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of child rights and gender equality and experience of integrating the same in education intervention is desirable Proven experience of implementation of education projects/programme in ZANZIBAR with the ministry of education, science and technology, other sector ministries and non-state actors is an added advantage .
- Good command of the English and Kiswahili
- Excellent Computing and data management skills.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a challenging work environment.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for completing tasks to a high standard and to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work flexibly and professionally in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
How to Apply.
Please read the full details of the position at https://tanzania.savethechildren.net/careers and apply as instructed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.
Application closing Date: 20th June 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process