Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works - in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
Position: Regional Project Manager (1)
Work Station: Amref Project Offices in Mara Region
Reports to: Project Director/Chief of Party
The focus of this role is to provide leadership, coordination and management of the technical staff for the Field Offices. The RPM main objective is to guarantee the technical performance of the Project supported HIV programs in the respective region.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide technical leadership to the supported programs in the assigned region, in close collaboration with the Project director, Technical Directors and Advisors based in the DSM head office;
- Coordinates and manages Project’s technical and operations team based in the field office and assigned to the specific region, including supporting staff.
- Assures a complete and well functioning technical team in the respective region, including the timely communication on additional staffing needs and the participation in the recruitment of staff members; wherever and whenever necessary, and take over or complement the responsibilities of the supervised Project Officers;
- Responsible for the effective planning and documentation of the communication and support provided to Afya Kamilifu Project sub-grantees, including but not limited to supportive supervision, telephone communications etc;
- Preparing financial reports and submit to the Project head office on a timely manner and ensuring that internal control systems are working effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate with the Project M&E team for the timely submission of high-quality quarterly, semi-annual and annual donor progress reports to the Project Director Responsible for the timely submission of work plans, reports on activities performed, or any other report, as required by Project Direct and Head of Programs
- Responsible for the timely and effective communication of important technical and programmatic information to Afya Kamilifu sub-grantees and other relevant stakeholders within the region;
- To facilitate production of written documents including best practices and lessons learned.
- Represent Amref at various regional meetings after obtaining prior approval from Amref CD and HoP
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by line manager or other Amref senior management teams.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- A degree in health-related fields with a Masters in public health, MBA or a Masters in other relevant fields
- Proven experience and competence in project and human resource management skills, and critical analysis capacity
- At least 7 years of “hands-on experience” at a senior position in HIV prevention, care and treatment program in the resource limited countries
- Experience working with Local Government Authorities in Tanzania
- Experience working in public health NGOs preferably but not limited to the PEPFAR funded projects
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an ajira application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS on August 07, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying for as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
More Jobs From This Company
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails, and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above
- Amref Health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.