Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Instrumentation Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Process E&I Supervisor
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job. This includes returning used parts to stores, tools & equipment to designated areas, and spills cleaned up.
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Install and maintain of all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Complete required testing and safety checks on all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground.
- Assist to attend breakdowns and complete necessary fault finding.
- Assist in Maintaining control systems, PLC and SCADA with <5% Downtime.
- Compliance to scheduled equipment inspections daily, weekly, Monthly & identified defects reported within the shift
- Assist to carry out defined and necessary checks on all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground.
- Carry out other task assigned by Process E&I Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ordinary/advanced level certificate – Form IV/VI
- Instrumentation Trade Certificate or Equivalent
- Valid driving license is an added advantage
- 1 Year Post qualified experience in Instruments installation, calibration, instrumentation, repairs and test instruments
- 1 Year Experience in Heavily Instrumented Plant in an Industrial Environment, Field Instrumentation and control networks, underground environment will be added advantage.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “INSTRUMENTATION ASSISTANT“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick - Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 02nd September 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you ajira be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
More Jobs From This Company