African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, Botswana and Burkina Faso and in Australia and Canada. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state-of-the-art facilities, equipment and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following positions.
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
- To safely maintain and manage fleet/machines movements and status.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Interact on a continuous basis with the maintenance personnel, production supervisors and assist with making good decisions to minimise down times and maximise productivity.
- Minimize shift delays and normal maintenance delays.
- Booking correct down time of equipment.
- Booking correct uptime of equipment.
- Ensure down reason codes are correct.
- Ensure down comments are correct at all times.
- Hourly follow-ups of all down machines and updates production supervisors.
- Ensure responsible person name are recorded against the down and up times (i.e. reported to and released by)
- Ensure that all data collected and recorded is accurate and valid.
- Work closely with the mining Supervisors to ensure service machines are delivered to the workshop and at the correct times.
- Promptly communicate any equipment maintenance requirements that become evident after reported by Operators.
- Ensure that all maintenance data is captured accurately throughout a shift and ajira ensure that the data is available in a timely manner for daily KPI reporting.
- Be proactive in all aspects of operational safety and work as a team member within the mining department.
- A minimum of 5 years underground mining operational experience.
- Must have underground knowledge of haulage and mine layout
- High level understanding of drilling and blasting techniques.
- Understanding equipment and human resource capability and mine plans.
- Understanding mining techniques and ability to optimise mine production.
- Intermediate level of computer literacy is essential.
- Advanced in English communication and writing skills.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel Software.
- Ability to effectively communicate using 2-way radio communication devices with underground and workshop supervisors.
- Record keeping
- Good team player.
- First Aid Knowledge.
- Must have valid Tanzanian Driver’s License
- Completed secondary school
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email email@example.com
Application letters should reach the above on or before 27th September 2021,18hr00.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AUMS(T)Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 124 or+255 682 660 256 or+255 682 660 893.
More Jobs From This Company