Position Title: Technical Advisor – VMMC (1 position)
Reports to: Technical Director
Supervises: VMMC Officer (technical only)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Travel: Up to 30% in intervention districts outside of job location
Overall Job Function:
The Technical Advisor – VMMC is a member of the central technical team responsible for providing technical guidance on VMMC services supported under the project. Working closely with the Technical Director, s/he provides technical assistance to regional staff ensuring effective implementation of interventions related to VMMC in both community and facility settings. This position technically supervises the VMMC Officer located in the implementation region.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee guidance, implementation, and monitoring to ensure that designed VMMC interventions relevant to the technical areas in both community and facility settings achieve programmatic, financial, and administrative goals, and that project resources are utilized for the program in line with applicable ICAP and donor policies and procedures.
- Lead planning and implementation of emerging strategies for service delivery relevant to the technical areas in both community and facility settings by coordinating with relevant stakeholders from donor and GOT, providing technical guidance in the development of guidelines, SOPs, and submissions protocols where relevant.
- Manage timely implementation of all major program activities relevant to the technical areas according to the objectives and deliverables, conducting relevant site visits, supporting regional team activities, and developing reports on program progress and achievements.
- Support regional teams to develop work plans and strategies relevant to the technical areas in both community and facility settings to achieve 100% of the annual targets and other related ajira indicators relevant to the portfolio and closely monitor the implementation of work plans.
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards and best practices for program implementation and that all programs are implemented in accordance with national guidelines and policy, protocols, SOPs, good clinical practice, and ethical/regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the development of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and slide- decks to the donor and various stakeholders.
- Lead the documentation of program success stories and lessons in the relevant technical areas learned for internal and external release/publication.
- Lead frequent supervision and monitoring visits to program sites and regions
- Participate in national technical working group meetings relevant to the technical area and lead design, planning, and implementation of innovations related to VMMC in collaboration with MOH and NACP.
- Collaborate with SI team to ensure constant availability of national VMMC tools, translate data outcomes into program improvement strategies, and to provide data analysis support to frequently monitor the effectiveness of interventions. Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
More Jobs From This Company
- Required Education: Medical degree (MD, MBBS, or equivalent) o Preferred: Master’s degree or higher in the following fields: Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or related discipline.
- Required Technical Experience: Minimum 5 years’ work experience working in VMMC with a donor-funded organization, including demonstrated experience and knowledge working in a broader HIV context in both community and facility o Preferred: Familiarity with PEPFAR-funded HIV programs
- Required Managerial Experience: Minimum 3 years’ supervising a multidisciplinary team of at least five staff in technical areas relevant to this project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at minimum; preferred proficiency with statistical Software such as SAS and SPSS).
- Ability to provide high quality technical assistance to regional offices.
- Ability to lead and work with a diverse team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexible to work after normal working hours and on weekends with significant travel outside of duty station.
- Familiar with Tanzanian context; fluency in Kiswahili preferred