Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Instrumentation Technician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position will ensure activities in the Shaft Engineering Department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Shaft E & I Supervisor
- Ensure Following Standard Operating Procedures for safe work daily –Isolation, Lockout, confined space, working at height, lifting & rigging etc.
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Assist and conducting incident/accident investigations;
- Complying with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Install and maintain of all instrumentation and leak feeder equipment on surface and underground to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Complete required testing and safety checks on all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground.
- Attend to breakdowns and complete necessary fault finding.
- Maintaining of control systems, PLC & SCADA with <5% Downtime.
- Use, Interpret OEM Manuals for maintaining & repairing of required equipment, <5% accuracy discrepancy to OEM Specifications
- Compliance to scheduled equipment inspections daily, weekly, Monthly & identified defects reported within the shift
- Carry out defined and necessary checks on all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground.
- Responsible for Maintenance of Underground seismic system
- Carrying out other task assigned by Shaft Maintenance First Line Leader
- Diploma/FTC/Bachelor Collage certificate in Instrumentation/Electronics/ Telecommunication
- Tanzanian Valid Driving License.
- SCADA programming certificate
- Must have 2 to 5 years of experience in repairs, installs, and maintains existing equipment including switches, relays, control loops, automatic control valves, electronic control instrumentation, programming of computerized process ajira control equipment, programmable logic controllers, SCADA system, and radio communications systems
- Must have 1 to 2 years of Experience in Heavily Mining system ,automation and fiber networks
- Experience in working underground Environment is added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English and Swahili ,both writing and verbal
- Computer literate in the Microsoft Package Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge in the use and maintenance of instrumentation equipment.
- Commitment to implemented safety and environment regulations
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN “ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick - Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 17th October 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
More Jobs From This Company