Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Geotechnical Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Geotechnical Manager
- Using geotechnical mapping and logging to classify rock mass and hence apply the same data on stope design and mine layouts to ensure that ore extraction proceeds promptly and safely.
- Using structural stability methods, empirical assessment and numerical modelling to arrive at ultimate support systems and determine optimum pillar sizes and stoping sequences to ensure stability of underground workings
- Advising and assisting mine operating officials on ground control methods to ensure optimum utilization of the available ore reserves and human resources engaged in ground control activities.
- Carrying out regular monitoring of support systems (e.g. pull tests) to ensure that the recommended support is adhered to.
- Measuring of rock strength, rock stress changes, deformation and monitoring seismic activity using different rock mechanics instrumentation to ensure stability of underground and surface workings.
- Ensuring Geotechnical staff is well trained to improve on the quality of services offered to the mining department and ensure compliance with BGML’s policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing training programs for Tanzanian Engineers to develop new skills and achieve their full potential.
- Regularly update the Ground Control Management Plan (GCMP) so as to improve the quality of service offered to the mining department.
- Designing and monitoring of ground support, backfill systems, and geotechnical instrumentation systems.
- Reporting in writing on geotechnical analyses, risk assessments and inspections.
- Liaising with external mining consultants.
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting of geotechnical data.
- Assist the Geotechnical Section Leader to complete BGML’s employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and take appropriate action to remedy any substandard employee performance or behavior.
- Act as a liaison between mine planning and operations departments coordinating rock engineering efforts towards achieving short-term objective.
- Bachelor Degree of Science in Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering and or equivalent preferably with a specialization in Ground Control, Geotechnical Engineering or Rock Mechanics.
- Must have valid driving license.
- Minimum 1 year experience in underground mining environment
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years post graduate industry underground mining experience preferably in precious metals ajira using narrow vein long hole stopping.
- Must have a valid Tanzania driving license and able to drive a light vehicle in underground environment.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have good operating knowledge and interpretation skill of popular numerical modelling tools such as DIPS, UNWEDGE, MAP3D, PHASE2 and FLAC3D.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills with contractors and mine personnel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Swahili
- Able to work safely and not create or ignore hazards.
- Cultural and religious awareness and tolerance.
- High degree of patience and tolerance.
- Must have sufficient communication skills.
- Able to maintain accurate records and reports.
- Ability to interpret mine layouts.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick - Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 20th October 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
More Jobs From This Company