Title: HR ASSISTANT
Direct Reports: PROJECT FINANCE & HR MANAGER
Location: NDUTA CAMP
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- HR, business or administration related diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs working on the same context.
- English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
- Execute administrative, HR, and legal-related tasks to support the Project HR Manager following MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives.
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Detail-oriented, team spirit, discreet, communication and organisational skill, strong motivation to evolve within an international context, behavioural flexibility, stress and time management.
- Tanzanian labour law knowledges are ajira requested.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). HR software and advance excel level is requested.
- Managing staff personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance, and on-time payments.
- Updating the HR database (200 staffs) and personal files to facilitate HR processes management.
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing monthly payslips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project HR Manager in translating documents into local language, and assisting in HR meetings.
- Roster management: double check rosters and challenge supervisors on annual leave plan.
- Objective setting and appraisal processes are followed-up closely to make sure all staffs are evaluated.
- Participate to finance activities: develop finance skills to cover cashier position when it’s needed.
- Additional HR / Admin tasks delegated by the Project HR Manager.
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta – Please deposit CVs at Nduta camp CV box or send through MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
Please make sure the subject of your email will be: HR ASSISTANT – APPLICATION
The deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 24/10/2021
Only applications in English or French will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
More Jobs From This Company