MERCHANT CHARGEBACK / DISPUTE- ASSISTANT MANAGER
HR World on behalf of our reputable client are looking for an experienced Merchant chargeback/dispute Manager who will be responsible for managing merchant and fraud disputes-prevention, chargebacks, policies, and procedures for the consumer base banking products business, both deposit and lending.
- Handling all queries received from merchants and internal/external customers in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Handling the dispute process according to Card Scheme operating standards and deadline in order to increase recovery ratios and minimise losses.
- Contributing to the general running of the Department, which may include monitoring, effecting data mining, collection of statistics, ad hoc exercises, User Acceptance Testing and any other task considered necessary to serve the exigencies of the Chargebacks Department.
- Assisting/substituting peers as considered necessary.
- Carrying autonomy within the defined parameters and taking responsibility for chargeback case administration.
- On call duty in case there is need to monitor portfolio
- Analyze complex customer problems and generate solutions
- Respond to self-reported and regulatory complaints that are rooted in the Chargeback/ Disputes experience
- Closely manage the customer experience from dispute report through resolution with an intense focus on customer win rates
- Promptly escalate situations where customers are not receiving optimal service
- Partner with Fraud Management to manage customers who may be abusing the chargeback /disputes process
- Design, implement, and enforce process controls
- Develop reporting for management and the Committee of Operational Risk Management regarding dispute volumes, trends, statuses, escalations, etc.
- Design clear, effective communications to inform customers of their dispute status
- Any other duty assigned by the Head of Payments.
- Bachelor's Degree from any recognized university preferably in Banking, commerce, Economics, Accountant or related field.
- A Master’s Degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications e.g. CPA, etc. is an added advantage.
- 4+ years of experience working with retail banking disputes
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Skills in the evaluation, analysis and optimization of operational processes
- Experience with traditional banking features such as DDA Accounts, Transaction Processing, Credit & Lending, and Account Aggregation is a plus
Interested candidates may send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16th February 2022