Title: Project Driver
Department: Human Resources and Administration
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports To: Senior HR and Admin Manager
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Senior HR and Administration Manager, the Project driver ensures that EGPAF staff and official visitors/consultants are driven safely to meetings, workshops, and other work-related destinations; and that the EGPAF vehicle under in charge is maintained in an optimal working condition. The driver provide logistical support and back up to operations department as required and advised from time to time by the supervisor.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Drives EGPAF staff and officials to meetings, field trips and other destinations on official business.
- Collects and delivers mail, packages and equipment; and maintains records of all deliveries and distributions.
- Performs pick up duties from various points as directed by the supervisor
- Work with respective departments to follow up on various permits and VAT related matters.
- Work to clear various EGPAF shipments at different levels
- Assist in receiving, packing, labelling and distributing parcels to different destinations as advised from time to time
- Perform purchase duties as may assigned from time to time.
- Ensures that the assigned vehicle is compliant with the EGPAF minimum operating standards and Foundation Vehicle use Policy requirements.
- Performs minor repairs, arranges for regular maintenance and ensures that the vehicle is clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Ensures safety and custody of the vehicle, including tools.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, registration, logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts are in the assigned vehicle.
- Ensures that, in the event of an accident involving the office vehicle, the necessary steps required by rules and regulations are followed.
- Prepare Administrative reports
- Maintains records for vehicles, logs official trips, records daily mileage, records the use of fuel vouchers, and keeps records on consumption.
- Keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required.
- Assists in the mailing and distribution of letters and publications
- Collect and distribute mails as directed by the administrative assistant
- Follow up on utility invoices and deliver cheques on the specified period of time
- Coordinate safety and security of office environment
- Provide coordination support with office commodities.
- Provide back up in the operations department in absence of other operation team members
- Perform other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
To be successful, you will have:
- Certificate of Secondary Education
- Driving Certificate from a Reputable Driving College
- Certificate of Advanced Driving Course from NIT or VETA
- Clean Class C driving License
- Clean Driving History and Promising Driving record
- At Least Three years of work experience as a driver, with International Organizations preferably USAID
- Long Distance driving Experience
- Good Oral communication ability in both Swahili and English
- Flexibility and ability to work with different people