MUCOBA BANK PLC formerly known as Mufindi Community Bank was incorporated in December 1998 and licensed by BOT in May 1999 and opened its doors to the public in June 1999. The bank, with its head office in ajira Mafinga, offers banking services to the communities of Iringa region. Banking services are also provided through services centres in neighboring districts of Iringa and Kilolo. MUCOBA Bank is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and self- motivated Tanzanians with high personal integrity to apply for the following positions.
Work station: Mafinga – Iringa
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to the Board of Directors for the efficient and effective Operations of the Bank.
- To provide leadership toward the achievement of its, mission, vision strategies, and its annual objectives.
- To develop strategic goals, objectives, operational plans and budget of bank and ensure their effective implementation.
- To make sure that daily operations of the Bank are run in accordance with the Statutory regulations. Banking and Financing Institutions Act, 2006 the Bank of Tanzania Act and other prudential and directives issued by the Bank of Tanzania from time to time
- To be chief spokesman of the Bank and signatory of all financial transactions and contracts of the bank with other external parties.
- To plan, supervise and monitor all bank operations to ensure that they are in order and effective.
- To liaise and collaborate with BOT examiner, internal and external auditors and ensure full implementation and compliance of auditors or BOT observations.
- To ensure that MUCOBA Bank Pic builds up and maintains at all times adequate capital through appropriate and effective strategies
- To ensures assets of MUCOBA Bank Pic are growing and are of high quality.
- To ensure that there is effective risk management meetings process and procedure.
- To facilitate all Board meetings including Board Committees and implement all their directives timely.
- To have effective internal control of financial and non-financial resources to meet Bank objectives.
- To approve and authorize all expenditure of the Bank as per approved budget
- To ensure that the plans and budget of the bank are timely prepared and have an action plans.
- Provide motivation and necessary resources required for the establishment and maintenance of excellent service delivery and quality system
- To ensure that all staff meetings are held and deliberations are recorded and implemented timely.
- To make sure that Board Directors sign Board members code of conduct and are submitted to BOT timely at the beginning of their tenure.
- To ensure that staff performances appraisal are done effectively annually.
- To be updated with new technology.
- To do any other duties as may be assigned by the Board Directors.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
The General Manager is the Chief Executive Officer of the Bank and is appointed by the Board of Directors. The minimum qualifications for the position of General Manager are as follows:
- Must have at least Master degree in any of the commercial disciplines preferably Commerce, Accounting, Economics, Business administration, Banking and Finance or their equivalent.
- Must have a five years working experience in senior managerial positions and at least Minimum of 3 years working experience in the banking sector.
- Computer literacy, especially in Ms. Word and Excel for windows and experienced in use of banking software
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken.
- Reliability, a high degree of integrity.
- Effective human resources management
- Hard worker and team player
- Must demonstrate honesty, integrity, and transparency.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
Employed on contract terms of five years but renewable based on performance.
Competitive remuneration will be issued to qualified candidate depending on qualifications and experiences.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All Applications with CV, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of at least three referees should be sent to undersigned by 3/06/2019
Kazi Nyingine Kutoka Kampuni hii
THE BOARD CHAIRMAN,
MUCOBA BANK PLC
P.O. BOX 147,
Or you can sent your application through the following email address email@example.com