The main role of the Program School Feeding Officer is to facilitate implementation of FFE III program at community level by ensuring communities (parents, guardians, teachers, local Government leaders, extension workers, ajira farmer groups and other like-minded stakeholders) are empowered to effectively participate in the school feeding program each in their own capacity.
Key areas of responsibility:
- General School feeding activities: Work with relevant stakeholders in the respective Districts, Wards, Schools and communities mainly in providing support to new FFE III Schools by ensuring all relevant technical assistance and trainings as deemed possible.
- Food Production and contribution for School Feeding: Work closely with all the program partners including the District agricultural department through linking with DASO on supporting to providing support to WAEOs, VAEOs and lead farmers in monitoring and supporting directly agricultural teachers and School Management Committees as per mutually agreed agreement plans
- School Feeding Sustainability: Supervise and Support schools and school committees in calculating quantities of food items to be contributed for the whole program schools. Supervise and Support the capacity building of School feeding champions and influential leaders on key program interventions and benefits therein for better collaboration.
- Logistic Support: Work in collaboration with the Commodities and Logistics Manager in training, planning and DIP development. Work in collaboration of Commodities and Logistics Manager in preparation of District school feeding monthly plan, cash forecast and ABP-Activity and Budget proposal, Sharing with the team the planned monthly activities for better activity management
- Operational: Ensure district reports are delivered from School/WECs/District focal personal by 5th of each month across the FY. Facilitate schools to prepare the contribution progress report and the spending report and share with communities.
- Technical: Support and supervisor management of school feeding activities on commodities management at a school level
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Should be a holder of Diploma or above in logistics, Agriculture, Nutrition, Community/Rural development, Public relation or any other related field, bachelor’s degree in above fields is preferable
- 5 years or more experience in community mobilization, planning, food management and School feeding Project set up.
- Computer Skills, including experience with different MS Application Packages including relevant commodity management software packages. Good command of English and Kiswahili languages (oral and written). Experience in supervisor role
HOW TO APPLY:
Please enclose a detailed CV together with copies of relevant testimonials and cover letter
A first review of candidates will happen after November 18th, 2019. Only Successful Candidates will be contacted
PCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kazi Nyingine Kutoka Kampuni hii