Management and Development For Health(MDH)Website
Management and Development For Health(MDH)Website
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of Tanzania and world at large. The priorities include: HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH), Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; as academic and nonacademic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH (Sub recipient) in collaboration with Deloitte Consulting Limited (Prime) through USAID funded Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program–HIV and Tuberculosis (C3HP HIV TB) seek to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies based in Dar es salaam and 6 supported regions of Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe, and Ruvuma.
POSITION TITLE: Manager – PMTCT/EID/Pediatric HIV Service Delivery (1 Post)
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam Region
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager Quality Service Delivery
The Manager – PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV Service Delivery is a technical expert in matters pertaining to PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV Services. She/ He provides technical leadership and oversight of all PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV interventions and services. This includes; keeping abreast with key advances in the area of PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV services; translating into practice, key program, national and global priorities in PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV; as well as working with and providing technical support to other project staff at supported regions, key stakeholders at national, regional and local government authorities and other partners.
1. Lead and oversee planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV services and other relevant activities across all supported regions and councils.
2. Oversee implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities, including Option B+, Index HIV testing, male involvement, Infant Virologic testing, PrEP for discordant couple and Pediatric HIV case identification, ART optimization & HVL suppression in line with national guidelines.
3. Forge strong partnership with key government ministries and offices at national, regional and council level, support national efforts and provide TA to relevant ministries, RHMTs and CHMTs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of HIV testing and prevention services.
4. Oversee needs assessment, on PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV services and organize efforts to address these needs; including capacity building and health system strengthening – in collaboration with the R/CHMTs.
5. Oversee and ensure efficient management project expenditure and other resources as per approved work-plan and budget.
6. Work with the project M&EL unit to put in place an efficient system for routine PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV data recording, cleaning, reporting and utilization.
7. Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation and write reports, best practices and lessons learned for wider dissemination.
8. Lead efforts to identify gaps in PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV services; design and implement operational research (OR), PHE, secondary data analyses and CQI initiatives to address these gaps; and write abstracts, posters manuscripts, and policy briefs to widely disseminate findings.
9. Implement robust capacity building programs, for PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV services; capitalizing on supportive supervision, mentorship and on-job training in line with national guidelines.
10. Supervise program staff under her/him across supported regions.
11. Lead efforts in writing technical program documents including project proposals, workplans, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents, as required by the supervisor.
12. Support and advise the project leadership on all PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by her/his supervisor.
1. Medical degree (MD or equivalent) or Nursing Degree.
2. Master’s degree Public Health or related discipline preferred.
3. Minimum 8 years’ work experience in facility-based HIV services including 5 years’ experience with PMTCT or paediatric HIV program planning and implementation at the national or regional level.
4. Working knowledge of PEPFAR-funded HIV programs.
5. Demonstrable leadership experience in public health programs and services with competencies in supervising individuals and teams to deliver intended outcomes.
6. Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Analysis, Interpretation, Utilization, CQI and Operational research in the PMTCT/EID and Ped HIV.
7. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
8. Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
9. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to travel to implementation regions a minimum of 50% of time.
Interested candidates for any of the above position should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone ajira numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 th December 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 08 December 2021.More Jobs From This Company