SimbaNET Limited is part of The Wananchi Group and one of Eastern African leading internet, data and multimedia communication solutions providers. SimbaNET is inviting applications from qualified and
experienced candidates to fill the vacant position existing in the Technical Department. SimbaNET seeks to recruit highly competent, self-motivated, and professional individuals for the NOC Specialist position with below job description;
Configuring customer's services with subscribed QoS and policies in all elements and devices. - Technical escalation point and advanced troubleshooting in resolving service-related challenges within MTTR and SLA with the provision of clear RCA in the RFO.
- Manage performance of the core, distribution, access infrastructure, transmission networks, upstream IPLC, upstream Internet capacities and POPs. - Ensure continuous service with high availability and minimum disruption. Target uptime of 99.9%
- Ensure infrastructure security by safeguarding against unauthorized access and abuse of services. - Able to work independently and with team members to perform accurate root-cause analysis in resolving problems that may have multiple system dependencies. - Ability to plan, design, coordinate, and implement network projects within the department and compa ny wide to ensure business customer requests are handled appropriately and in timely manner.
- Excellent documentation skills (Network Diagrams and Reports) - Thorough and proactive monitoring of the capacities, utilization of all network devices, services, core, distribution and access networks with timely escalation and MTTR for the noted service degradation and failure
Requirements Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- 3+ Years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of configuration and monitoring of the routing protocols (IS-IS, BGP etc.) - Knowledge of configuration and monitoring of the Campus, Distribution, and Core Switching. - Basic understanding of Power / UPS scaling and optimization. - Understanding of NOC functions (Network Monitoring, advanced troubleshooting & Analysis Tools)
- In-depth understanding of IP / MPLS-Design, implementation, optimization, and troubleshooting - Conversant with VSAT networks, installation, and configurations
- Conversant with design, implementation, best practices in management, troubleshooting and restoration of the Fiber network
- Conversant with design, implementation, and troubleshooting of LAN policies, services and Security.
- B.Sc. in Communications, Computer Science or Electronics science
- CCNA/INCIA/CCNP / JNCIS-ISP certifications are added advantage
Aplication If you are interested please send your application: CV and relevant Certificates and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 18th May 2022
More Jobs From This Company