One Acre Fund is a rapidly – growing organization, and is increasingly building up operational support for that growth. We are looking for someone to provide operations support for our headquarters location in Iringa, Tanzania.
You will be responsible for ensuring basic Corporate Operations Services are all met 1) on time, 2) with quality, and 3) are included in weekly progress reports to your manager (the Corporate Operations Lead).
These areas of oversight include
- Office Supplies & Management
- Organizational Vehicles & Fleet Management and Property Management (residential & offices)
- Security Services Management (e.g. guard provision & company management, first aid kits, OSHA standards, etc.)
- External Visitor Support
- Feedback & Communication around regular services and operations
- Culture - improving office culture and work environment
Expansion Support - ensuring base level foundation support for expansion offices to serve goal number of farmers and staff
- Operations Payment Requests vetting & controls
- Support staff management & Corporate Operations team management: You will have a team that you will be responsible for further training of our staff and building the team capacity to run a smooth and sustainable operation. This will include staff training, constant mentorship, and feedback.
Improvement projects & strategy to expand services + quality opportunities as the position grows into excellent execution of business as usual
Possible promotions with good performance.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one - on - one meeting, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high - level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional ajira with a university degree and/or 2+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, starting a business, solid Peace Corps accomplishments).
- Understanding of what keeps an organization running smoothly.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Very strong self - manager, very well organized. After an initial period of mentorship, supervision will consist of one weekly check-in.
- Prior experience in external relations, property management, and/or office administration is ideal, but mostly we are looking for a smart generalist
Great communication skills are a must
- Effective execution of projects and experience doing so is a must
Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with patience and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required, Kiswahili required.
PREFERRED START DATE
Starts modest. However, this is a career - track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
More Jobs From This Company