A group of companies in Floriculture business is seeking to recruit a suitable individual to fill the above position in our farm based in Hai, Tanzania.
Reporting to the MD and the shareholders, the Farm Manager will be responsible for:
- Overall management of the day to day aspects of the farm producing cut flowers for export.
- All growing activities and related functions of quality control, in accordance with good agricultural practice.
- Management of a labor force of between 300 to 360 employees including management staff.
- Participation in preparation of annual budget.
- Meeting both production and Financial targets against budget and reporting the same on a monthly basis to the MD.
- Candidates applying for the position must possess the following Academic and Professional
A degree or Diploma in Agriculture or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in growing flowers.
- Experience or Technical training in growing Clematis varieties.
- Excellent knowledge of pest and disease control ajira and fertigation.
- Strong aptitude in production, planning, decision making, and labor management.
- Conversant with an application of current labour laws.
- Knowledge of practices and policies involved in Human Resource Functions.
- Knowledge of management accounting.
- Should be fluent in English and Swahili, Dutch knowledge would be an added advantage.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Must be honest, confident and self-motivated.
- Attention to detail – Must possess a demonstrated ability to work systematically and diligently.
- Administrative analytical skills – must possess an ability to analyse the management accounts and develop appropriate strategies.
- Must be result oriented – enjoy being measured and judged by financial and administrative performance results.
People skills – ability to work diplomatically, harmoniously and effectively with a diverse group of people.
Mode of Application
If you possess the above, send your application together with a detailed CV, three references and daytime telephone contact to:
More Jobs From This Company
The attention of HRM,
P.O. Box 1788,
Or send by email, email@example.com Final date for applications to be received will be 20th October, 2018.