Solidaridad is a global civil society organization (CSO) that provides market driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
Position: Livestock Project Officer
Duration: One year contract (extension based on performance)
Reporting line: Dairy Investment Manager
Location: Tanga (with frequent local travel)
A. Livestock Management and Project Quality Control
- Develop training curricula and conduct Institutional capacity development to the Dairy Hubs with an aim of enlightening farmer groups in areas of Gender inclusivity, Financial Management and micro-credit, milk quality management, institutional governance, and Human Resource Management;
- Support peer learning among the Medium and small holder farmers on animal husbandry best practices;
- Train Dairy farmers on how to collect agricultural and economic data using the digital tools available at Solidaridad as well as data driven decision-making;
- Encourage investors and financial institutions to extend financing to dairy farmers;
- Gather and submit project monitoring and evaluation information for capturing Project outcomes, impact and lessons learned;
- Build capacity of farmers, partners and extension officers by offering trainings on Climate Smart Livestock farming.
- Build capacity of the dairy farmers, cooperatives and other program beneficiaries on business and gender inclusivity.
- In consultation with the Dairy Investment Manager, act as an ambassador to the project promoting the program scope and the work of Solidaridad including hosting visitors, attending meetings on need basis.
B. Learning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management
- Participate in programme planning & review as well as programme co-ordination meetings for the dairy project.
- Participate in setting and tracking programme performance targets in line with overall strategic goals of the Programme.
- Support further development of the Dairy value chain data base which will require working with consortium partners and stakeholders to compile reliable and comparable data at an appropriate level of detail.
- Strength the linkages between local government, and other stakeholders within the livestock sector, for data collection coherence.
- Participate in preparation of periodic programmatic and financial reports and share with key stakeholders.
- Share information and lessons learnt with partners and other project staff.
- Responsible for the monthly dairy project reporting for Dairy Value Chain in Tanga.
C. Strategic Planning & Team Support
- Contribute to the formulation and review of the Dairy Project’s programme strategy and planning.
- Work with other project staff to identify and develop, where appropriate, new project ideas and strategic opportunities that contribute to furtherance of the programming.
- Support the project team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance and achieve objectives.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally or formally during regular one-on-one performance reviews.
- Maintain a work environment that promotes mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
D. Partnerships & Networking
- Represent the Dairy project at relevant government, donors, partners and NGOs events/meetings in close coordination with the Dairy Investment Manager and the Regional Impact Investment Manager;
- Coordinate day to day activities with consortium partners, farmers, and local government;
a) Tanzanian Citizen
b) Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science, Animal Production, Animal Husbandry, Dairy Science and Technology, Animal Production, Farm Management, Range Management or Natural Resource Management from a recognized institution ( A MUST);
c) Post-graduate degree/ Qualifications in Animal Science, Animal Husbandry, Economics, Management, Marketing, or Finance;
d) At least five (5) years working experience in livestock management (Veterinary service, Artificial insemination, livestock feeds, etc);
e) Must have excellent interpersonal skills;
f) Ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines;
g) Experience in fundraising and proposal development (an advantage);
h) Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
More Jobs From This Company
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a one-page motivation statement outlining your suitability for this position, your salary expectations and availability; and your Curriculum Vitae, to email@example.com. and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline is on 13th February 2019 and our ideal start date is Immediate.