CORE JOB DESCRIPTION
The key purpose of the Revenue Assurance Analyst is to ensure completeness and accuracy of the company revenue streams. In addition to checking on the integrity of systems in place, the position requires an inclination towards continuous improvements in cycle time and defects reduction.
• Regularly review and ensure that published tariffs are implemented accurately on Vodacom systems
• Perform quality assurance testing on key processes and systems changes which impact recording, processing, and billing of revenue producing events.
• Monitor for, prevent from, identify and remedy for potential errors in revenue cycles
• Perform regular reconciliation and (gap) analysis of revenue streams.
• Monitor bill payment/collection by multiple checks and balances in the system.
• Investigate, understand and document issues root causes
• Propose/suggest solutions to avoid occurrence of issues
• Manage/reconcile VAS settlements with partners, supervise interconnect settlement and tariff alignment on all network elements
• Proactively mitigate losses to ensure the loss avoidance and reduction.
• Report on and ajira improve metrics
• Recommend and document fraud prevention processes’ and systems’ enhancements
• Design innovative processes, system and structural solutions to enhance department metrics
• Define reviews and process mapping techniques and other areas
• Define areas for reactive data interrogation
• Document all revenue flows across critical function and monitors the same
• Partner with other department teams to design, develop and implement best practices to assess, manage and prevent fraud and leakages
• Work closely specifically with IT and build a strong working relationship with its members in matters of reporting, billing, charging
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
• Degree in at least one of the following: IT, Accounting, Technology, Engineering
• 1-2 years experience in a similar position, preferably in the telecommunication industry.
• Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on the lowest level of detail and assess the impact at the macro level
• Transaction-level detail is critical to delivering innovative solutions in this role
• Strong technical/operational skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong mix and combination of Technical/engineering skills as well as Financial skills
• Passion for the role: Exhibit enthusiasm and a can-do attitude about work and deliverables
• Exemplify High standards: Expect him/herself to perform at highest possible levels
• High-level integrity
• Strong data analysts skills e.g. on SQL, PL/SQL, ACL
• Knowledge of governance processes is good to have.
More Jobs From This Company