Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
To contribute to the effectiveness of NI program in Tanzania through providing efficient program and administrative support services to the program staff to ensure timely and efficient micronutrient program delivery, in line with NI’s policies and procedures and objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management Administration
- Assist Program Officers in preparing all necessary documentation related to program activities, in line with Program Finance Processes and Procedures manual, including grant agreements, contracts, purchase orders, Travel Letters, budget reallocations, project extensions and/or supplements, project completion reports, and the regular project completion reports and project summaries
- Assist NI program staff with the management and tracking of program budgets, milestones, reports so as to ensure that all obligations are met by the recipient and NI.
- Undertake day-to-day project administrative responsibilities such as determining funds available to project, preparing project estimated costs in consultation with the Senior Program Officer.
- Monitor project budget expenditure and alert NI program staff, as required.
- In consultation with NI program staff, liaise with grantee on the submission of technical and financial reports and ensure obligations are met by both the grantee and NI.
- Assist in administering the consultancy assignments including preparation of contracts, cheque requisitions, checking invoices, preparing payments, timely submission of reports and other follow-up action.
- Take appropriate actions, in the absence of NI program staff, to follow up with projects issues, such as answering stakeholders’ questions, representing them at routine meetings, and debrief them upon their return.
- Collect data and statistics from websites for projects when requested by program staff.
- Assist NI program staff in the updating of the Contract Database.
- Coordinate and arrange travel itineraries, flights, accommodation, airport transport, visas, travel authorizations, documentation folders and prepare expense statements for program officers, consultants as well as program specific workshop participants and visitors .
- Assist with the organization and logistics for program meetings and workshops.
- Complete expense claims reports for program staff.
- Provide general office administrative services to program staff, such as fax, scanning, printing, photocopying and filing.
Any other related duties, as requested.
There is no supervisory responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related fields from a recognized university or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ experience working in an office environment in a similar position.
- 3 years’ experience working in the program management environment.
- Experience working with the Microsoft suite.
- Experience working with database, an asset.
Fluent in English
No travel requirement for this position
Other Specific Skill Requirements
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to accommodate to new situations within the organization (flexibility)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Attention to details
NOTE: This Post Profile can and will be amended as required from time to time.
More Jobs From This Company