Reports to Head Client Coverage, Region (Functional) and Head CIB Tanzania (Operational)
Define the desired financial performance for the country, and ensure that the resources involved have the necessary leadership, guidance and support to achieve the set financial targets.
When required, partner with the Regional/Global Sector Heads to ensure the achievement of financial targets in the applicable geographies.
Provide internal leadership to the CC team by providing the strategic direction that will enable Standard Bank to position itself in the industry and drive the realisation of goals set.
Leverage industry relationships to achieve high levels of client service, business targets and revenue opportunities across CC.
1. Strategy Formulation & Execution
- Provide the required strategic leadership to enable transaction execution for key clients.
- Set and drive the achievement of financial targets, such as revenue, ROEs etc. and achieve the budgeted profitability.
- Develop and implement the CC strategy in line with the overall strategy and parameters set by the PRMC (Portfolio Risk Management Committee).
2. Build Standard Bank’s profile in the industry
- Continuously build Standard Bank’s industry profile with high level, representation at conferences, workshops, expert panels, key industry events, publications and other marketing events which fit SB’s market focus.
- Drive client-specific marketing programmes and assist with the execution of the local/regional sector(s) marketing plan for existing and new clients.
3. Financial Performance Management
- Define and set the target financial performance for the team.
4. Develop and share in-depth industry knowledge
- Maintain detailed and current understanding of the industry (at a macro-global level, specific regional or local issues and key clients) to ensure that new opportunities for Standard Bank are capitalised and threats are quickly identified.
- Continuously, and through different channels, share industry knowledge expertise with the team and internal stakeholders.
5. Client Relationship Management
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key clients to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the bank.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the key clients’ strategy, business context and financial performance.
- Develop and implement strategic client plans (together with the core CST) in line with the broader strategy.
- Ensure the administration and analysis of the Client Service Surveys, as well as the implementation of focused action plans needed to address the gaps identified.
6. Delivery of Customised Client Solutions
- Lead the development of innovative solutions tailored to the client’s needs which will allow Standard Bank to meet the business requirements.
- Maintain a proficient and relevant knowledge of products, pricing, services and capabilities across the team to ensure relevant and informed client conversations.
7. Provide Internal Leadership & Guidance
- Continuously internally position Client Coverage in Standard Bank, by demonstrating the potential business opportunities and advantages of the operating model.
- Provide a framework under which all should operate to ensure the necessary controls; monitoring and support are in place to achieve high levels of client service and solutions development.
- Embed the client engagement model within the strategy and act as facilitator between business units on deployment of resources to the client with a focus on risk optimisation, efficient limit and capital utilisation and maximising profitability.
- Act as the “first line of defence” as required by the Credit Standard.
- Provide leadership at various Risk forums.
8. Credit and risk management
- Manage the level of exposure and set limits within the bank’s risk appetite.
9. People management
- Lead and continuously develop resources and build a credible and capable team.
- Sets clear performance standards for each team member, monitors the performance and provides regular feedback.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Undergraduate qualification or NQF equivalent.
- Other relevant qualifications including postgraduate qualifications such as an MBA is considered a bonus
More Jobs From This Company
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience (of which 5 years should have been within a CIB environment, and preferable at least one year experience within a Credit environment).
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a leadership role.