Position: The Senior M&E Specialist for Database Management
The Senior M&E Specialist for Database Management is responsible for data entry, cleaning, management, and analysis, including performing data quality assurance and control assessments, in an SQL Server-based database. S/he supports the monitoring of performance indicators as outlined in the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and participates in data collection, entry, validation, analysis, and dissemination of findings across project staff, partners, and key stakeholders. S/he is also responsible for data analysis and visualizations as part of quarterly performance reports.
The Senior M&E Specialist reports directly to the M&E Manager, manages (4) Data Entry Clerks and provides capacity building and task management support to (6) Zonal and Partnerships M&E Specialists.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid-level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Maintains Client Impact and Results Information System (CIRIS) database and other data management tools by identifying and solving database requirements; supporting users; and troubleshooting technical issues;
- Manages approximately 60,000 client profiles in CIRIS, continuously managing
- processes of data entry, cleaning, and validation to maintain an accurate and current database;
- Supports Partnership and Zonal M&E Specialists to design tools appropriate for collecting data from partners and MnM Technical teams;
- Develops data management plans and data entry protocols for routine data submitted by technical teams and partners;
- Performs regular quality control checks on the data management system, including review of routine data collection questionnaires; development of data quality reports; identification of missing data from active client profiles; and communicating with Partnerships and Zonal M&E Specialists to collect necessary information;
- Ensures field verification visits are conducted by M&E Specialists to validate and confirm data reported by MnM technical teams, partners, subcontractors, and grantees;
- Proposes recommendations to technical teams and partners on appropriate methods or actions to ensure availability and improvement of quality of data
- Designs routine ajira monitoring reports to track MnM technical team performance for adaptive management;
- Designs routine monitoring reports to track partnership performance and progress towards targets;
- Manages all types of applications for CIRIS database (desktop, web-based, and mobile versions) and other data management tools.
- Supports in installing CIRIS, designing CIRIS reports, database security, data back-up, and recovery;
- Provides timely analytical support to the MEL Manager during peak reporting periods;
- Analyses and presents data for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports (as required) to highlight project achievements;
- Supports M&E Specialists to develop the skills necessary to independently analyze and accurately interpret routine monitoring data;
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the MEL Manager.
- Coordinates with Partnerships and Zonal M&E Specialists to ensure timely project data collection, data entry, cleaning and reporting
- Identifies staff capacity gaps and provides regular training and technical support to staff in the use of CIRIS or other software using desktop, tablets, or smartphones;
- Provides capacity building in Excel-based data analysis to M&E Specialists and other key staff members;
- Ensures field verification visits are conducted by M&E Specialists to validate data, identify data quality and project implementation issues to improve.
- Leads M&E Specialists in preparation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Statistics, Database Management, IT, or related field of study.
- Minimum of three years of experience as database specialist in managing large databases using relational databases.
- Experience in data management skills including mobile and web based applications.
- Excellent computer skills: proven advanced Excel skills, advanced SQL programming skills, and an intermediate understanding of data analysis platforms (STATA, SPSS, R, etc.).
- Self-motivated, flexible, self-starter, patient, dedicated, and creative, with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities;
- Fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English
- Willingness to travel regularly to rural areas
How to Apply?
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
More Jobs From This Company
Candidates should submit a CV and Cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline for submission is Friday September 20th , 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Learn more about Fintrac and our work at www.fintrac.com