Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) has been awarded by the US Centers for Diseases Prevention and Control (CDC) funds to implement the Project ‘Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility, and Sustainability of the National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS) in United Republic of Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The goal of the project is empowering the National Health Laboratory System (NHLS) in the country to achieve and monitor progress towards the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals. THPS will support the national laboratory systems strengthening through this five-year award in the following key areas:
- Expansion of continuous quality improvement (CQI) of HIV rapid testing to increase access and improve the quality of HIV rapid testing at all levels.
- Enhancement of laboratory information systems (LIS) to support antiretroviral (ART) monitoring, early infant diagnosis (EID), TB and Opportunistic infection (OIs) sample referral and transport networks at all levels of the tiered system.
- Provide support to enhance laboratory biosafety and quality of diagnostic and standard of care laboratory testing in all six tiers of the NHLS
- Provide Technical Assistance (TA) on laboratory supply chain management (SCM) including quantification and forecasting in all laboratories.
THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in the following positions:
POSITION TITLE: Sub Grants Officer (1 position)
REPORTS TO: Sub Grants Manager (THPS)
LOCATION: Central Office Dar Es Salaam (with frequent field travel up to 30%)
To focus on all issues related to sub awardees efficient management of THPS funds and to monitor the financial and administrative systems for proper utilization of such funds. S/He will work with selected NGOs/ and other THPS subgrantees in building their capacity towards compliance and efficiency in managing donor funds including timely reporting. Under the leadership of the Sub Grant Manager. S/he will facilitate and coordinate the subs budgeting process and provide ongoing feedback to the THPS on the implementation of the subs work plans.
- Assist in assessing the financial and administrative requirement for the sub awardees.
- Adapt administrative and financial policies and procedures for the sub awardees which includes; manuals, user guides and templates to be compliant with donor and THPS requirements
- Provide training and technical support to sub awardees staff to improve administrative and financial systems by using THPS management tools and general management of fund procedures.
- Ensure consistent application of THPS financial and administrative policies/standards, as well as donor, and THPS rules and regulations
- Act as resource person for tracking and monitoring systems, reporting policies and procedures to sub awardees
- Ensure that sub awardees provide their reports completely, accurately and timely
- Monitoring of sub awardees invoices and advances from THPS including doing monthly reconciliations.
- Monitor the need for external audits ajira of sub awardees, and manage the audit as needed
- Train new sub awardees staff on matters related with financial management and perform project financial review
- Assist in provision of procedures for sub awardees closing by making sure that all steps and regulations are followed properly
- Supervise and train the Sub Award Finance Staff in CDC policies and regulations and the Financial Reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accountancy, Finance or related subjects from a recognized institution
- Required: CPA, ACCA or other equivalent professional certification will be an added advantage
- Required: At least four years’ experience at a similar position. Experience working for an NGO monitoring both NGOS and government sub-grantees will be an added advantage.
- Required: Knowledge in Accounting packages
- Required: Good in using computer applications including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint is a must)
- High level of integrity and commitment
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision Ability to organize and conduct conference zoom meetings within or outside Tanzania.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages maximum to (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 19th 2019 with a subject line for example: NHLS Project Coordinator. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; Women, People Living with HIV/AIDS and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From This Company