SOS Children's Villages Zanzibar is ajira Local Non- Government Organization (NGO) affiliated to SOS Children's Villages International, a worldwide childcare organization that work to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing it Established 64 years ago, SOS Children's Villages International currently has Children's Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs two major programmes i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children's Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and runs Children's Villages and other projects in Tanzania, the organisation runs four Children's Villages in Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Zanzibar and other programmes in Pemba, Iringa and Mufindi.
Job title: Human Resource Cum Administrative Officer (Re-advertised)
Job Reference Number: 16/19
Duty station: SOS Children's Village Zanzibar
Reporting to: Program Director - Zanzibar
Your main task is to provide support in human resources recruitment placement, transfer. promotion, performance appraisal. disciplinary measures, leave and other HR functions. The position holder shall motivate staff to perform effectively, build trust. facilitates the capacity building and development of employees and ensures that the organization policies, procedure and systems are effectively implemented in the program location. The role also administers and provides support to general services such as transport, maintenance of the property, procurement of materials and services and managing security services.
1. HR Planning and Policies Implementation
- Leads preparation and development of program location yearly HR plan and oversees its implementation. - Participates in the budgeting process, monitors performance by coordinating with Program Director, Senior Accountant and Program Coordinators.
- Provides support for project team in preparing project budget related to HR.
2. Staffing, Recruitment & Selection
- Prepares and circulates vacancy announcements, assist in designating assessment tools, evaluates applications, arranges and participates in interviews and makes recommendations, prepares job offers and related documents for successful candidates.
- Facilitate and implement decisions of promotion, transfer, termination and other staff decisions as per the policies and procedures thereon. . Collects references. conduct reference checks and notifies candidates about the results of the selection process.
- Conduct exit interviews for exiting co-workers and maintain copies in the personnel file
- Ensure that, exit procedures are properly followed during co-workers' resignation and makes sure that the organization is free from any contingent liabilities.
- Regularly updates staff personnel files at the SOS Children's Village Zanzibar, ensuring that all required documentation is in place and monitoring documentation of personnel files in all Program of Zanzibar and Pemba.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations for the Human Resource department e.g. during annual planning sessions, orientations and any other fora that may arise.
- Arranges for printing of new staff identity cards and for existing staff as occasionally required.
- Participates in special projects as required e.g policy developments and feedback requirements.
3. Lead staff performance management Promote staff performance and productivity across the location and support to address poor Performance.
- Follow up on staff performance evaluations and ensure appraisals are carried out in a timely and effective manner. Works with program coordinators on the needs for action reflected in reports on staff performance and supports to address cases of poor performance in collaboration with the Program Director and National Human Resource Coordinator
- Assist the National Human Resource Coordinator on review and improvement of performance management and appraisal tools.
4. Administration and Logistics
- Ensures that license and other required government formalities are fulfilled on time
- Coordinates board meetings. maintains confidential files and contact information, conferences and committees to support the National Director's agenda at the location.
- Work closely with the National Director and SOS Tanzania Board through regular correspondence and prepare briefing materials for the National Director.
- Coordinates and ensures proper recording, use and timely maintenance of the facilities, building and equipment as per the policies and procedures thereon.
- Organizes and coordinates the efficient provision of office services, transport, maintenance and other general services to program units and staff.
- Plans and prepares budgetary requirements of equipment, materials, maintenance of property and general service
- Ensure utility services are there as appropriate and also ensures that monthly payments are done on time,
- Controls vehicles management such as log sheet, fuel usage, insurance, pertinent reports and related tasks
- Makes sure that vehicles and other movables maintained as necessary and annual inspections are done on time
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Degree in Public Administration. Social Sciences (psychology, counselling) or Human Resources Management and it's equivalent.
- At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience, demonstrated by solid competencies in the field of office administration. secretarial and HRM in NGO setting
- Ability to work independently, self-organize, use initiative, keeps commitments and meets deadlines.
- Passion of working with children and youth
- Self-motivated, innovative with new ideas and a team player
- Good written and verbal communication skills both in English and Swahili, ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Computer literacy and good presentation skills
How to apply
If you are interested to be part of this dynamic team and become a change agent then send your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing
The Human Resources Department
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
More Jobs From This Company