Purpose of the position:
To coordinate the development of ENRICH project Gender and Advocacy strategy and oversee the implementation of the strategy. The gender specialist will be responsible for facilitating training on gender equality and Advocacy for staff and partners and for monitoring gender equality and advocacy results.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide overall strategic leadership and direction to ENRICH project team on gender equality and CVA
- In consultation with ENRICH project team in World Vision Tanzania and World Vision Canada, develop a clear vision for promoting gender equality and CVA in all ENRICH project outcomes.
- Ensure the development, validation, and implementation of a four-year strategy for mainstreaming gender equality within ENRICH project.
- Support the development of project’s annual work plan ensuring integration of gender equality and CVA / Advocacy indicators in line with CIDA’s gender policy.
- Coordinate tracking and reporting on gender equality and Advocacy results throughout the life of the project.
2. Be responsible for promoting gender integration and CVA in ENRICH project.
- Develop and Implement a ENRICH capacity building strategy that enhances staff capacity to oversee the integration of gender equality in all of the project’s programming areas through training, learning and knowledge sharing activities.
- Work cross-functionally to identify and support ajira capacity building opportunities for team members on gender equality and on social accountability.
- Support capacity building opportunities on gender equality and CVA for key project partners including community level opinion leaders, to equip them to support gender equality and CVA integration in all program areas.
3. Management of ENRICH Gender Working Group and CVA Team
- Convene a representative Gender Working Group to support and advise on the gender equality work in ENRICH project.
- Build Capacity and monitor CVA team plan of action development and implementation
- Facilitate regular Working Group meetings and periodically report to the ENRICH project manager.
- Manage all community groups responsible for gender equality and coordinating social accountability processes at community level in Singida (Manyoni and Ikungi) and Shinyanga (Kahama, Shinyanga rural and Kishapu).
- Participate in the WV Tanzania community of practice on Gender and CVA.
4. Coordinate Advocacy, Policy Research & Public Awareness on gender equality and gender justice.
- Profile ENRICH – MNCH leadership on gender equality, developing and sharing case-studies on innovative approaches developed within the project.
- Develop and/or support partnerships and cooperation with other organizations in Singida and Shinyanga Regions on gender equality and its impact on health and nutrition
- To promote learning and to improve/develop new approaches to the integration of gender in ENRICH project.
- Be a spokesperson for ENRICH on identified Gender and Advocacy issues.
5. Coordinate community capacity to publicly engage on nutrition governance and policy issues through Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) Approach to Health and Nutrition
- Awareness raising in the communities / CVA groups on Government Policy/ strategy on Health and Nutrition.
- Conduct regular meetings with Government on improving nutrition service delivery and evidenced-based policy recommendations based on dialogue conducted.
- Engage community leaders in regular gov't meetings and advocacy campaigns.
- Facilitate policy dialogue with Government featuring women and female youth leaders.
- Facilitate context specific community platforms to engage and empower men as fathers/caregivers on nutrition issues.
- Document and share best practices resulted from CVA Approach in improving Health system and nutrition status.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required: Minimum of an undergraduate degree completed in gender studies or social science
Experience: Minimum 3 years program experience in international development with a focus on women, girls and gender equality, and community mobilization
Preferred: MSc in social related fields
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical capacity, practical experience and solid insight into program level challenges in designing and implementing gender-sensitive community development programs.
- Thorough knowledge of World Vision’s approach to achieving child well-being through relief, development and advocacy.
A good knowledge of gender and global development issues, preferably with an understanding of CIDA’s approach to gender equality.
- Demonstrated experience conducting program-based gender analysis, preferably using participatory methodologies.
- Proven experience developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating advocacy/gender projects and programs.
- Proven experience in strategy development including developing gender strategies.
- Skilled trainer particularly using participatory approaches at a community level.
- Flexible, self-starter, team player, attention to detail, able to work without supervision
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritize work effectively.
- Able to delegate effectively and plan and supervise the work of others.
- Able to coordinate effectively with field offices and partner organizations and promote constructive relationships.
- Humility and ability to live within the community.
- Fluent in both English and Swahili.
- Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
More Jobs From This Company
Travel: 40% Domestic/international travel is required.
On call: 15%