The Guardian Limited (TGL), widely acclaimed as the Home of Great Newspapers, is part of the IPP Group of Companies – one of Tanzania’s leading private sector entities with dignified presence in the print media as well as television and radio broadcasting.
TGL currently publishes two upmarket daily newspapers – The Guardian (in English) and Nipashe (in Kiswahili).
In our ongoing endeavour to ensure that we have a team of highly qualified, diligent and motivated professionals in our various departments and units, we are looking for suitable people to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
- To professionally lead the sales team to achieve the set targets for all publications.
- To Plan, pitch and sale advertisement spaces directly and through our network of freelancers and Agencies.
- To oversees the advertising activity of our publications by ensuring that The Guardian and Nipashe maintain the strong market share in the advertising sector.
- To stay in close communication with the clients, explaining strategy and providing status updates about our publications.
- To build a network of reliable clients who have strong and mutual trust to our brands and thereby give the company an extra advantage in terms of revenues generation.
- To plan and develop special projects like supplements with a purpose of generating additional revenues to the company.
- Degree in Business Administration/ Sales/ Marketing
- Five years working experience in Sales and Marketing
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to positively and meaningfully connect with clients
- Time management skills, particularly as relates to dealing with calls to – and by – clients
- Experience in meeting retention and sales negotiation goals
- Basic computer software skills and ability to work within relevant data spreadsheets
- Ability to work diligently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to reason and ajira think quickly during negotiations
Interested candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria should send their applications, complete with detailed CVs, addressed to:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
THE GUARDIAN LIMITED
P. 0. BOX 31042
DAR ES SALAAM
Alternatively, deliver the documents at The Guardian Limited offices in Mikocheni Light Industrial Area – opposite ITV studios or send the application via Email: to email@example.com
Deadline: 24th December 2019
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
More Jobs From This Company