Overall purpose of the role:
The main purpose of this position is to procure quality, value for money, goods and services for the field office in conformity with DRC/Donor Guidelines and policies and ensure the field office procurement plans are carried out.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all received Purchase Requisitions (PRs) timely processed
- Assist staff with price estimates and specifications required on the Purchase Requisition (PR)
- Ensure the procurement tracker is updated weekly and shared every Thursday
- Send out RFQs with supplier code of conduct and ensure suppliers sign
- Prepare and/or review Bid Analysis in a timely manner
- Maintain the supplier database at field level
- Prepare Purchase orders, attach relevant documentation and submit for authorization
- Follow up with suppliers on the delivery of goods and services
- Feedback to requestor on the progress of the procurement
- Take minutes of the Tender Committee proceeding including the Summary Bid Analysis
- Raise Payment Request for all payments to suppliers for goods and services received
- Submit payment request to Finance Officer or Support Services Manager for review and subsequent approval by Area Manager
- Follow up payment with Finance and give feedback to suppliers who call in
- Escalate to Support Services Manager any procurement challenges and any problems with suppliers
- Receive procurement plans from programs and support and update procurement tracker
- Coordinate receipt of goods with the Supply Chain Assistant – Warehouse
- Draft framework agreements for review by the Support Services Manager
- Draft works contracts in liaison with the Engineering unit for approval by the Area Manager
- Ensure suppliers submit valid pro-forma and tax invoices with all required information on VAT and tax registration
- Educate suppliers on DRC supply chain regulations and government requirements
- Widen the pool of local field suppliers and ensure they have appropriate ajira documents before registration with DRC
- Ensure suppliers deliver the correct goods and request technical certification by DRC expert staff
Experience and technical competencies:
- 2 to 5 years' experience in a high volume procurement environment
- Previous experience with Non-Governmental Organization in similar/related position is an asset;
- Knowledge of procurement regulations and guidelines for major donors like UNHCR, BPRM, EU/ECHO is an asset
- Good command of English language
- Good interpersonal, communication skills with proven experience in communicating with stakeholders at all levels;
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- A team player and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Degree in supply chain, purchasing and supply or relevant field.
- Professional certification such as CIPS would be an asset
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in local languages would be an asset.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 13th March 2020.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
More Jobs From This Company