SFI Tanzania LimitedWebsite
SFI Tanzania LimitedWebsite
SFI Tanzania Ltd owns two sisal estates near Tanga in Tanzania and manufactures sisal fiber. The company has two facilities and aims at a continued high-quality production of its sisal products.
The company has a total area of 9,000 ha at Korogwe and Handed Districts and about 1300 people are employed at SFI Tanzania Ltd.
Sisal is one the world’s important natural fibers and is used for ropes, twines, general cordage, but also for paper, buffing cloth, filters, is used in composite materials to replace asbestos and fiberglass, and is increasingly used in the automobile industry.
SFI Tanzania Limited is currently looking for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of the Estate Manager for Kwamdulu Estate.
Major Functions, duties, and responsibilities
1. Adherence to production and plant targets
2. Accomplishes Sisal production staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
3. Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting the result of the progressing flow to the General Manager.
4. Actively form part in the implementation of FSC for SFI Tanzania Ltd.
5. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
6. Creates and revises system and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record – keep system, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements
7. Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control point, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established health and safety policies and procedures.
8. Maintains a working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
9. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
10. To ensure zero tolerance to sisal theft
11. To ensure zero tolerance for employees working under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
12. To ensure zero tolerance to harassment and discrimination
13. Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees as per HR policies.
14. Manage change and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
15. Treat all company information as confidential
16. Transparency of his activities to his superiors
17. Working with communities around and local government.
18. Working independently
Required Qualifications and skills
1. Grade 12/O levels
2. Diploma/Degree in agriculture
3. Sisal management experience
4. Sisal production experience
5. Staff management experience
1. Computer literacy on MS office programmes,
2. ajira Financial, administrative and clerical procedures( Tally advantageous).
3. Extensive knowledge of sisal practices and agriculture legislation in Tanzania(at least 15 years and more)
4. Drive’s license advantageous
Between 47 – 55 years of age.
The General Manager of SFI Tanzania Limited
The application must include a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to Human Resources Manager, SFI Tanzania Limited, P.O Box 57 – Korogwe Tanga. Or email: J.email@example.com
More Jobs From This Company