Winrock is seeking WASH Investment Director candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded water security improvement project in Tanzania. The project will apply a facilitative approach, working across government, private sector, and civil society, to improve the provision and governance of WASH services and the management of water resources. The project will foster close alliances with national, district and basin-level water authorities and build their capacity for service delivery and regulation, while applying a market-driven lens to support private sector WASH service and equipment providers to deliver services to communities in Tanzania.This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Build the capacity of WASH market system actors to develop bankable business plans and access short to long-term financing
- Work with private ajira financial institutions to roll-out appropriate saving and lending products that respond to social, cultural and economic dynamics of target beneficiaries.
- Identify opportunities for ICT-based solutions to improve accessibility of financial services as well as leverage investment in WASH infrastructure.
- Strengthen community social safety nets through expansion of saving and lending group models.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree required in relevant fields of study related to the sector of the project, including but not limited to business, international development, public administration/policy, water resources management, and Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), value chain development
- Minimum of 10 years of practical experience in the financial services sector, including 5 years of experience in WASH, and preferably lending
- Experience with both formal and informal finance mechanisms including savings groups
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience integrating Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) into water security and livelihoods programming.
- Technical understanding of water resource management and sanitation.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Tanzania strongly preferred.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required
*Please note that all CVs must be submitted in English.
More Jobs From This Company
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.