SOS Children’s Villages Zanzibar is a Local Non-Government Organization (NGO) affiliated with SOS Children’s International, a worldwide child care organization that works to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing it. Established 64 years ago, SOS Children's Villages International currently has Children's Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs two major programs i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children's Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991 and runs Children’s villages snd other projects in Tanzania, the organization runs four Children’s Villages in Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Zanzibar, and other programs in Pemba, Iringa, and Mufindi.
Job title: Program Officer (1 post)
Duty station: Sos Children's Village Zanzibar
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of the project as per the annual plan
- Facilitate and support the timely programme plans from the approved annual plans and budgets.
- Facilitate the formation and development of the Community Task Force to spearhead the programme;
- Facilitate the identification of the beneficiaries of the program
- Support communities in the assessment of root causes leading to child abandonment at family and community levels through the use of appropriate participatory tools.
- Conduct the capacity building to the beneficiaries of the program
- Facilitate families' access to essential services required to fulfill their children's developmental needs and nights such as education, nutrition, health care, and vital registration.
- Facilitate the capacity building of families as well as the community
- Facilitate the empowerment of community facilitators in Family Development Planning for their effective and efficient contribution to the strengthening of families.
- Facilitate and support the initial Community-Based Organisation capacity assessment in order to come up with the CBO Development Plan.
- Facilitate the development of the CBO's organizational management capacity. that is, the formation of properly constituted boards & committees, writing CBO constitution, legal registration of CBO, developing the CBO vision statement mission statement strategy and values.
- Support the CBO capacity building of systems in Financial and accounting policies, procurement policies and procedures, resource mobilization strategies, human resource management policies, project reporting procedures, and strategic plans
- Facilitate regular data collection through appropriate monitoring tools on programme interventions.
- Facilitate stakeholder analysis within the programme. maintaining and updating stakeholders' profiles.
- Facilitate participatory monitoring and evaluation of the programme interventions
- • Keep up-to-date information regarding beneficiaries and services provided
- • Conduct regular field visit to the area of the program intervention
- Prepare reports to be shared to different levels within and outside the organization
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Community Development, Sociology: Development studies and any relevant field from recognized institutions.
- At least three years of working experience preferably with NGOY INGO In this
- Basic facilitation skills.
- Basic knowledge of Gender.
- Child rights and Advocacy.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer skills especially Microsoft Word, Excel & the Internet
- Good command of both oral & written English
To apply for this position send your application letter describing how your experience, qualification, and competencies making you the right candidate for this position, enclose a detailed updated CV, ajira telephone contacts, and details of at least 3 referees with their emails, address, and phone numbers. All candidates will be subject to child protection recruitment procedures and checks. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The advert is open from 11th January 2021 to 17th January 2021The applications should be addressed to:-
The Program Director
SOS Children’s Villages Zanzibar
P.O Box 1923 Zanzibar, Tanzania
Or Sent by email to
Note: the email subject should indicate the title of the position and location (duty station)
SOS Children’s Village Zanzibar is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
More Jobs From This Company