Job Title: IT COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER, NCD PROGRAM
Reporting to: PROJECT MANAGER, NCD PROGRAM
Location: DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Tanzania Diabetes Association (TDA) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to prevent the occurrence and improve the welfare of persons living with diabetes and other non-communicable diseases (NCDs) in Tanzania. TDA was formed in 1985 as a result of the awareness that the interests of all people concerned with diabetes are best served by joining together and working as one national association to ensure the availability of more resources ajira for diabetes and other NCDs including medicines, equipment, education and mutual support.
In partnership with the MOHCDGEC and PORALG, Tanzania Diabetes Association (TDA), is implementing National NCD Program funded by World Diabetes Foundation (WDF) in Tanzania.
Tanzania Diabetes Association is looking for IT Communications Officer with ability to offer technical support in coordinating, planning and lead computer related activities in the organization. The person will also be responsible for creating and managing the NCD program related-communications contents and execution of communication strategy on behalf of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, configure and evaluate connectivity, hardware and software issues related to internal IT Determine the IT needs of the organization and develop data management strategies Set up equipment for new users and organization’s employees
- Offer technical support in designing and deploy new IT systems and services related to the program including eLearning services Develop and Implement procedures for effective data management.
- Managing outgoing and incoming project related data files.
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors.
- Recognize and uphold digital security systems to protect delicate information.
- Ensure system optimization for all technology resources.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement effective communications strategy based on the target audience.
- Oversee all creative inputs on organization communications and publications.
- Write, edit and distribute various types of content that take message to the public such as booklets, posters, broadcast media etc.
- Produce and manage materials for social media on behalf of the organization.
- Manage website and upgrade contents regularly.
- Work with external vendors to ensure quality translation of communication materials
- Work closely with Project management team to create and deliver announcements according to project requirements.
- Coordinate and manage the schedule and delivery of media contents and announcements Develop and maintain working relationships with journalists in multiple types of media outlets Maintain records of media coverage and media database and respond to media inquires Prepare and manage the organization’s communication budget.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Information Technology, or any other relevant field.
- Additonal qualification with Masters in Mass Communications will be highly considered.
- At least 3 years of experience with IT operations and working with communications office or in media.
- Up to date knowledge of new system informations, software, and hardware.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience in eLearning or Instructional design will be an added advantage Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, and systems administration Demonstrated experience in database and data storage system.
- Proficiency in design and publishing softwares Strong analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Strong critical thinking and decision- making skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in non-technical terms
Mode of application:
Submit your Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email and day-time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer to TDA no later than 17hrs on Friday 7 May 2021. Applications that DO NOT include ALL of these elements will not be considered
The application should be addressed to Secretary, Tanzania Diabetes Association, P.0 BOX 65201 DAR ES SALAAM or send the application through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be notified.
The deadline for submitting the application is 7 May 2021.
More Jobs From This Company