The purpose of this role is to oversee, provide ownership and security assurance for Vodacom Tanzania PLC Telecom Networks & Infrastructure. The role shall model an ideal Security infrastructure and processes in alignment with Vodafone Technology strategy, be able to create/update existing security guidelines in alignment with Cyber Security Baseline (CSB), security best practices, and Local & international regulations, conduct related gap analysis including attacks demonstrations on existing Mobile infrastructure, services, and processes, and can transform results into detailed & Technical work packages.
Key accountabilities ajira and decision ownership:
Strategy and Innovation
- Own demand planning and forecasting Cybersecurity, for all current and emerging network technologies as well as future business needs
- Set-up of analytics framework and tools for mobile network related Cyber Security incidents and threats
- Ensure successful implementation of Technology strategy – Security and Privacy strategic initiatives across Vodacom Networks
Impact on the business
- Coordinate and support the implementation of Network related CSB controls by providing Cyber Security expert knowledge related to control requirements.
- Perform risk assessments across Telecom networks areas, provide risk reports (including risk management committee reports and audit committee reports) to management as and when requested.
- Coordinate all internal and external audits around Telecom network systems and processes, ensure these systems are free from known Technology audit findings and ensure all audit findings in these systems are closed within agreed timelines.
- Coordinate with IT, Revenue assurance, and Fraud monitoring to ensure proper network policies regarding charging are implemented and Not bypassed.
- Continuously monitor network systems for security incidents, threats, and malware that may happen and perform investigation.
- Team up with other teams, departments, and customers for tactical implementation of Technology strategy, Threats hunting and incidents resolution.
- Work with other cyber teams to identify significant threats/actors posing a potential risk to Vodacom Network.
Customers, supplier,s and third parties
- Managing the incident processes between all relevant parties (Vodafone, Operating Companies, Suppliers, etc.)
- Coordination of analytical processes and incident response measures
- Act as a Telecom network cyber incident management expert, using his/her personal experience and judgment to quickly determine the right treatment of cyber events and incidents.
- Co-ordinate the technical & non-technical responses to live cyber events and incidents across resolver teams.
- Transform Cyber Security requirement into Technical Implementation and manage accurate communication to various Business levels.
- Provide oral and written reporting and analytics on all network-related cybersecurity incidents.
- Be included in out-of-hours on-call schedules, providing 24/7 support.
- Responsible for clear, accurate and punctual communications to internal stakeholders and customer-facing teams