The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) Is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified staff are invited to apply.
Post Title: Engineer ll/Finance Management Officer II – Commercial Petroleum – (1 Post)
Duty Station: EWURA Head Office
Engineer/Finance Management Officer will be responsible for commercial aspects of regulation of petroleum products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist in follow-up on submission of data and information regarding arrivals of petroleum cargo ships discharged volume of petroleum products for each OMC from Petroleum Bulk Procurement Agency (PBPA), Weight and Measure Agency (WMA), Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA), Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) and Oil Marketing Companies (OMC’s);
- To keep record of oil companies’ stocks and movements;
- To follow up on all pending application of licenses for petroleum suppliers and provide monthly update;
- To assist in collating various data and information required to prepare quarterly and annual reports of the petroleum Division;
- To carry out various inspections related to petroleum products business including compliance to petroleum products’ prices and stocks;
- To assist in establishing a database of companies involved in carrying out petroleum business including consumer installations, power generation, LPG and Lubricants distributors;
- To assist in reconciliation of monthly stock imports and monthly levy payment by importers of petroleum products and blending facilities; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Possession of Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following fields: Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Geosciences, Geology, Chemical and Processing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Oil and Gas Science, Economics, Energy Economics & Finance or Commerce or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions
- If an Engineer, must be registered by Engineering Registration Board (ERB).
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
- No prior work experience is required.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above
Positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or daytime contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 27th August 2021
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s ajira disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P O Box 2857, DODOMA
NB: All applications that shall not be channeled through email:firstname.lastname@example.org or postal address mentioned above shall not be considered.
More Jobs From This Company