Accountant-MPESA Vodacom Tanzania Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
24th November 2023
- Proper and accurate reconciliation of M-PESA bank accounts and M-PESA system on daily basis.
- Float allocation to agents and process Business withdraws.
- The accountant will work under Finance Manager supervision and they will both ensure maker-checker role is adhered to all M-PESA transactions.
- Processing of Float allocation and Business withdrawals.
- Ensure cash in the bank is equal to e-money at all times.
- Act as a key contact person with the banks (submission of documents to the bank).
- Prefunding and reconciling all GSM disbursement wallets.
- Confirmation of M-PESA balances to businesses as requested.
- Prepare month-end journals for M-PESA TRUST.
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations on Assure Net and ensure they are completed within time with 100% accuracy.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Diligent and deadline-driven
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical skills are an added advantage
- Computer literate with good Microsoft Excel skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, techniques, principles
- Customer Obsession
- Skills in analysing and interpreting financial data
- Ready to work beyond normal work hours when need arises
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Working experience of at least 2 year with a reputable Company (s).
- Bachelor Degree or an Advanced Diploma in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration from a recognised Institute.
- Detailed working experience on Bank Reconciliations essential.
- Cellular or telecom industry experience will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Mobile money and SAP system.
Key performance indicators:
- Reconciliation of the M-Pesa system account to the M-Pesa Bank Account.
- Ensure float allocation is done on time with accuracy.
- Ensure adherence to financial policies and procedures and International Accounting Standards IFRS.
- Responding and resolving all M-PESA queries relates to Finance.
- Work with RA team on regular basis for improvement of M-PESA controls in M-PESA system.