Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
IntraHealth International Tanzania office is soliciting applications from suitable candidates to fill in the Monitoring ajira and Evaluation Officer Positions for IntraHealth Tohara Plus Project. One position will be based in Kagera and three positions will be based in Mwanza.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us
The M&E Officer is responsible for supporting the project in designing and implementing VMMC M&E activities for the IntraHealth International under the leadership of the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager. In close consultation with the M&E Manager, the M&E Officer will ensure the continuous monitoring of program progress in close collaboration with the GoTZ, CDC, and other implementers. H/She will develop the capacity of various stakeholders in data collection, analysis, reporting and evaluation. The M&E Officer will help identify and evaluate best practices and state-of-the-art approaches for the programs and with support from the M&E Manager disseminate overall results to project stakeholders. These positions report to the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager.
- Assist M&E Manager to develop, implement THPP monitoring and evaluation activities
- Ensure effective implementation of the Tohara Plus Project monitoring and evaluation plan for the VMMC programs. This will include collection of all relevant data, management of the information, and using it in preparation of required periodic reports
- In consultation with M&E Manager, propose priorities for project assessments, operational researches and evaluations related VMMC and coordinate the implementation of researches and field assessment.
- Collaborate on the development of supervisory and quality assurance tools
for VMMC clinical services.
- Build the capacity of health care workers at the facilities implementing VMMC and ensure accurately and timely collection of monthly reports.
- Complete data analysis and reports: Enter and analyze quantitative and qualitative data according to the needs of the team and project stakeholders
- Work together with M&E Manager to develop quarterly project reports, annual project reports, PEPFAR Semi Annual and Annual Progress Report
- Collect, document and disseminate best practices and lesson learned from the implementation of VMMC clinical services
- Prepare routine reports, presentations, brochures, project summary sheets, newsletters, highlights, project abstracts and other publications as required by the project.
- Update program communications materials periodically.
- Travel to sites to provide direct technical support on data quality assurance, management and utilization.
Essential qualifications, knowledge, skills and ability:
- Bachelor degree in Epidemiology or statistics or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good understanding of HIV/AIDS care and prevention strategies and in particular VMMC and programs.
- Proven capacity to direct, develop, manage and inspire a multidisciplinary and Professional team in the Tanzanian health sector
- Knowledgeable about basic statistics (descriptive statistics, anova, multiple regression)
- Ability to analyze information and evaluation results for planning.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis, data management and report writing.
- Strong conceptual ability and writing skills
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Kiswahili required;
- Be prepared to travel, up to 30% of work time, in support of project activities within the country and periodically internationally
- Experience and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques, procedures, and protocols in a USG-funded project
- At least 2 years of proven Monitoring and Evaluation experience preferably in the field of Health and/or HIV/AIDS
- Experience in questionnaire development (including testing for reliability and validity)
- Intimate knowledge, understanding and experience of the Ministry of Health
Structures and systems in Tanzania
- Demonstrated experience in working and collaborating with USG, other donors, and other funded organizations
- Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of IntraHealth's performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Effective Oral and Written Communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Service Excellence : Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
Summary of Benefits:
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
More Jobs From This Company