Level 3 - The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have a regular contact with or access to Pregnant Women, Mothers and Children
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for delivery of the Save the Strengthening COVID-19 Case Management in Regional Referral Hospitals. He/ She will be responsible for all relevant Government engagement in Mwanza, including –Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly Gender and Children Office, Program and Pillar Leads of the COVID-19 National Task Force (NTF), Local Government and District Authorities.
The Project Coordinator will ensure that activities are delivered in Mwanza with quality using relevant standards as benchmarks and oversee the collection of relevant data on activity outputs and outcomes. Under the supervision of the Programme manager, the project coordinator will play a leading role in coordinating the implementation of the COVID-19 case management interventions. She/he is responsible to ensure that the delivery of the programs are in line with SCI’s Minimum Operating Standards, donor requirements and specific programmatic approaches designed by the Donor.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The position is under the line management of the Programme manager and is directly reporting to this post. The Project Coordinator will work with the Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly Gender and Children, COVID-19 NTF Pillar Leads, Regional Quality Improvement Teams, Regional Medical Officers to increase overall access, availability and quality of COVID-19 case management services.
Reports to: Programme Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the implementation of the project technical activities in a collaborative and timely manner, and is conducted in line with the donor-approved project work plan and budget.
- Manage the regional project budget assigned by the Program Manager
- Lead and support engagement with the Regional/District Medical Officers, Regional and Council Health Management Teams and Hospital leadership teams for the successful implementation of Project
- Support the delivery of high quality in patient case management (i.e. screening, triage, Infection Prevention Control training to Health care workers through On the Job (OTJ) training
- In Collaboration with Program Manager, develop tools and materials (Clinical SOPs/job aids) required for stakeholder’s engagement, planning, assessment, monitoring and reporting of the RCCE and Community Surveillance activities.
- Keep track of the project work plans implementation, reporting timeliness and project indicators, and oversee quality of reporting including individual activity reports to strengthen the project and THPS institutional memory
- Undertake regular field visits, periodic supportive supervision visits, monitoring activities, data quality assessments (DQA) and development of respective reports.
- Regularly assist the Program Manager to prepare and present quarterly project progress and technical reports to the donor, MOHCDGEC and other stakeholders as required
- Represent the project and Save the Children in various stakeholders’ meetings and forums as directed by the Program Manager.
- Facilitate planning and review meetings and ensure appropriate documentation of the activities for internal reporting purposes
- Act as focal person for all communications between Safe the Children and Government incumbents in Mwanza.
- Implement accountability activities for the project using the tools and guidance provided and work with MEAL leads to report and track accountability feedback and actions
- Work with program manager or officers to document and share progress and achievements of the programs
- Perform other Project duties as needed.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for delivering and reporting of field activities.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing material resources of the Project in the office and in the field efficiently.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, ajira and external partners.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Work well with other stakeholders
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Medicine or Nursing or equivalent to those.
- At least 3yrs experience in implementing Health Facility based programmes with a focus on Critical Care and Emergency Care, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, preferably in NGO setting.
- Working knowledge of screening, triage, IPC, and effective oxygen use and administration.
- MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, Spread sheets
- Ability and willingness to travel to field sites and work in remote locations, often for prolonged periods of time
- Experience in supporting, training and mentoring health care workers for the delivery of health facility based interventions.
- Fluency in Swahili & English (both verbal and written)
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children policy and procedures with respect to Safe Guarding, Health and Safety ,equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
More Jobs From This Company