INNOVEX is a Pan-African advisory and assurance services firm providing professional services in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are very pleased to invite job applications from self-motivated and performance driven individuals interested in a career in data analytics and systems audit. The Senior Data Analyst will lead system audits and data analytics engagements.
- Overseeing and ensuring the Junior Data Analyst is carrying out duties diligently.
- Utilize historical data sets and planned product changes to model and forecast business trends
- Utilize the analytics tools to carry out statistical analysis and ad hoc reporting as required and
- Log information into business intelligence tools and analytics database of the organization
- Develop analytics to identify trend lines across several data sources within the organization
- Apply predictive analysis and tools to forecast and employ business analytics (including an enhanced ability to quantify and qualify data)
- Examine and evaluate existing business practices and systems, and proffer suggestions aimed at creating efficiency and streamlining operations, while maintaining or increasing compliance rate.
- Undertake operational research to identify and recommend optimal/near-optimal solutions to complex challenges.
- Overseeing department initiatives and status reports
- Analyze the firm’s operations for trends, volume, demographics, and operator metrics to support decisions
- Overseeing the collecting and assembling data for analysis
- Provide IT related guidance to clients and ensure overall audit objectives are achieved
- Actively engage and participate on External IT Audits and serve as audit liaison with key clients and provide them advise on how to improve controls
- Oversee the execution of high-quality risk-based audits including the audit of technology infrastructure, information security and business application systems
- Execute audit tests and identify issues and areas for improvement in the efficient and effectiveness of information technology operations
- Manage audit team members in developing action plans to ensure risks are effectively mitigated and follow up to determine adequacy of corrective actions
- Perform data analytics to confirm completeness and accuracy of information processing and reports
- Analyze data for evidence of deficiency in control, duplication of effort, fraud or lack of compliance with approved management policies, procedures, laws and government regulations
- Test the adequacy and effectiveness of system controls in place and suggest appropriate measures for improvement for clients in the financial sector
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for clients and generate reports and recommendation for further action
- Provide ongoing feedback to the team to ensure they develop the skills and competencies required for effective planning and individual professional and personal career growth.
- Motivate and inspire the team by providing them with the information and tools they need to do their jobs well and meet customer expectations.
- Develop new revenue streams by maintaining solid relationships with clients and engaging them for future work
Education and Qualifications
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Actuary, or in a technical field is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience handling a database with large datasets.
- Advanced computer skills, knowledge of additional databases such as SQL Server and MySQL.
- Familiar with data warehousing, data mining, data analysis, and data mapping
Applications should be submitted by 31 January 2023.