VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB) formerly known as SEDA is a fast growing and reputable Micro Finance Bank (MFB), has a loan book of more than TZs. 29 billion and more than 30,000 customer base, more that 5,000 of them being small holder farmers. VFT-MFB is seeking to employ a dynamic and committed Tanzanian young men & women who have passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant position detailed here below;
Work reference no. 009/2023
Position: Senior Internal Auditor
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit and Investigation
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will be reporting to the Head of Internal Auditor and Investigation. The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Internal Audit and Investigation in overseeing internal operating controls, processes, and practices. You will be responsible for managing a team of auditors, reviewing their work, and providing guidance
- Participate in developing and preparing the annual audit plans, outlining the activities undertaken by the Internal Audit department during the year.
- Conduct audits of VFT assets to ensure proper recording and safeguarding from theft, fraud, and misappropriation. Perform audits of VFT liabilities to ensure accuracy and genuineness.
- Review and advise on the degree of compliance of VFT business to its internal policy and procedures as well as VFI policies and Regulatory requirements.
- Review, appraise, and advise on the soundness, adequacy, and efficiency of accounting, financial, business operations, MIS, P&C, and other internal controls. Detect irregularities and illegal acts.
- Carry out independent assessments of the application and compliance with established company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ensure all working papers are completed and in order, cross-referencing, date, work descriptions, clearance, and publish reports within set standards.
- Assist in the execution of external audits and examinations conducted by government regulatory agencies.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit and Investigation in performing a monthly review of the capital adequacy and liquidity position of the bank. Conduct Bi-Weekly meetings with Internal Audit staff to discuss audit issues, regulatory matters, and emerging risks.
- Conduct procedures outlined in the Internal audit plan under the supervision of a supervisor.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills and use technology to learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Follow up on audit recommendations with management until closure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or business administration and CPA/ACCA is a must.
- Additional professional qualifications such as CFE/CISA/CIA will be an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a professional audit environment, including internal audit and/or external audit
- Good mentoring and coaching skills
- Good knowledge of Microfinance or Banking
- Good skills in planning, coordination and reporting
- Model and demonstrate effective Christian leadership and participate in daily devotions
Special / Personal Abilities
- Highly developed sense of reliability and correctness.
- Excellent trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach.
- Innovative and analytical.
- Very good planning skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Model and demonstrates effective Christian leadership
- Good knowledge on economic and financial topics and sufficient experience in the loan business of VFT-MFB is added advantage
Mode of Application:
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their application letter, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates; and detailed CV’s with three referees to; vftHRstaff@vftz.co.tz.
The position should be the subject of the email application.
OR; through the postal address below:
The Chief Executive Officer,
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited,
P.O. Box 1546,
The application should reach the undersigned not later than 3rd December 2023.