Ensure the bank's designated programs and projects are delivered within specified timelines, budget, scope, and acceptance criteria.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, and multiple vendors / suppliers, to ensure successful program implementation.
- Organize and facilitate workshops with the objective of determining and implementing program objectives, scope, approach, organization, controls, and governance framework.
- Develop program plans with a comprehensive list of all envisaged activities, milestones, deliverables, and their corresponding ownership.
- Facilitate definition and approval of business requirements.
- Facilitate development and approval of the business case.
- Estimate allocation and motivation of resources, budget and participants required to achieve the program goals.
- Structure the program into logical projects, work streams, assign and track ownership to relevant departments.
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders to provide updates on program status and gather feedback.
- Address stakeholders concerns and ensure their expectations are aligned with the programs objectives.
- Manage vendor relationships and monitor their performance to ensure they meet program requirements.
Compliance and Security
- Ensure that paperless banking solutions and other delivered solutions comply with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Work with cybersecurity teams to ensure the security of digital solutions delivered and customer data.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices to enhance paperless banking solutions, Robotic Process Automation and Imagining and workflow solutions.
- Establish relevant program governance and communication structures for all designated projects.
- Serve diligently as secretary of the program working committee (PWC) and the program steering committee (PSC).
- Manage program risks, issues, dependencies, and assumptions by ensuring early identification, and clear ownership of risk events with timely escalation to appropriate level of management where necessary.
- Communicate progress to all relevant stakeholders in line with the agreed communication plan
- Monitor progress against the program plan and institute corrective measures in the event of any deviations.
- Manage changes to program scope, budget, timelines, and acceptance criteria in line with the agreed process.
- Facilitate development of the testing strategy and plan.
- Facilitate development of test cases and scenarios.
- Assemble and facilitate training of the testing team.
- Recruit a test manager and supervise his work throughout the acceptance testing stage.
- Organize for availability of relevant testing resources e.g., testing environment, facilities etc.
- Oversee the execution of system integration and user acceptance testing.
- Obtain sign offs of testing results.
- Ensure the quality of the program deliverables meet the organizations standards and customer expectations.
- Facilitate closure workshops for each project under the program and ensure lessons learned are identified and used to improve future practices.
- Develop and agree with relevant stakeholders on an appropriate program benefits management framework and subsequently oversee a smooth handover of the framework to the designated benefits manager.
- Ensure an effective maintenance and support model is established and handed over to those responsible for its operation.
- Produce the program closure report and secure its approval from relevant executives.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of banking processes and business process re-engineering.
- Knowledge of RPA tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, industry standards, and best practices in banking and digital solutions.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A proven self-starter with ability to work under high pressure environment.
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent planning, organization, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- People management skills.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of a University Degree in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Management Information Systems (MIS), Business Administration, or related field.
- Certification in one of the recognized project management methodologies e.g., PMP®.
- Certification in one of the recognized Agile Frameworks e.g., SAFe®, Professional Scrum Master™, etc.
- Certification in Business Process Reengineering methodologies e.g., Lean Six Sigma, etc.
- Sound Project Management background and practical application in a busy large corporate setting with at least 5 years' experience.
- Experience in banking or financial services, with a focus on document management, imaging, and workflow automation
- Experience in managing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) projects or similar automation initiatives.
NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.